Agnostic.com

26 4

Q: What is your favorite starch/complex carb

"I love rice when I want a thousand of something."

• Mitch Hedberg
  • Q: What is your favorite starch/complex carb.??

As a chef I am always curios what people like. 🙂

• 9 votes
  • 6 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 8 votes
  • 15 votes
DrewShourd 7 Mar 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't care if they're evil. I love them all.

Where is the box for "all of the above"??????

on it!

there ya go!

@Agr8m8 Thank you!!! I don't play favorites with carbs. They're ALL good!!!!

Brown rice, chickpeas, lentils, beans, sweet potatoes. I baked my own bread and pizza crust regularly before eliminating gluten. 😟

It's a tie between breads and noodles. Pretty much anything made from dough.

Zster Level 8 Mar 28, 2018

hahaha....

Have seeded brown bread with almost every single meal

Everything! But if I had to choose one, it would be the tortilla. Burritos are the only known example of a gift from God. ?

I enjoy each one in turn.
Toast slathered in butter.
Rice with tatziki
Mashed potatos or home fries
Ravioli
savoury and sweet pasteries
yeah.

Try to eat pasta, rice and potatoes just once a week or less.

They're all amazing. Today I'm chosing pasta, because I'm in the mood for Pad Thai. Tomorrow it might be different.

Quinoa
Bulgur
Kamut

awesome...I love making tabboule!

For me, I am a fan of rice and try to stay away from the others if I can. I love making and eating Asian food, especially Thai food...although I do not eat a lot of rice.

Thai Food!

At the moment every fucking one!

that's fucking awesome!!

I like a lot of different things, and I eat whatever I feel like at the time.

marga Level 7 Mar 29, 2018

Pizza, French fries, nachos, beer.

I like variety, and my preferences change with each meal. I think it is important to have a wide variety in my diet, to insure I get as many nutrients as I can.

Corn chips

It’s usually rice on cheat days.

cheater!!,,,hahaha...(me too)

I live on a Paleo diet so the only food I can eat from the list is potatoes. i prefer sweet potatoes...

Have you ever tried Ube?

[thespruce.com]

@Agr8m8 Thank You. I will be at the Latin market tomorrow stocking up on these.

Filipinos make great cake and ice cream from them.

It's difficult to pick, but I'd say brown rice because I can do a lot with it (in terms of what I add to it). Potatoes are right up there, though, with the skin, and are also pretty versatile.

potato skins are high in potassium and other essential minerals, let alone good roughage for healthy colons!!

It's a dead even tie between pasta and bread.

I love a good pasta with a meat sauce, but some bread can be almost as great. Especially garlic bread.

The problem a lot of people have is eating too many carbs at once, I mean only if gaining weight is a problem, pasta and bread and beer, quite a staple in some lives...I'd be 400 lbs not 200 if I did!

@Agr8m8 I know. It's hard to lay off of it sometimes. Growing up Italian it's especially hard.

Love is food and food is love, I get it.

Fresh crusty white bread. I bake my own and it is awesome.

Cashews

nice

I love pasta, but I don't eat it very often.

I am particularly fond of Italian cuisine using pasta. I'm also a fan of casseroles made with extra wide egg noodles. Next on the list are potatoes in all their various presentations. I have a soft spot for anything Mexican, too -- including my wife.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45216
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.