Agnostic.com

7 4

LINK Journalist's former boyfriend given 50 years for femicide | World news | The Guardian

Fascinating. I wonder how many countries consider "femicide" in statute and/or actual criminal charges. 🤔🤔🤔

SeaGreenEyez 9 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting when you consider "androcide" (the antonym of femicide) is NOT a criminal offense in any country in the world, and is only a war crime if it is the specific targeting of enemy boys who may grow up to be combatants.
Murder is murder, homicide is none gender specific (Hom being from the Greek homo meaning of the same type or species, not the Latin Homo meaning male)

There are constant demonstrations in France against this. Generally it is done by partners and the punishment is light over there.

I guess I am from the dark ages. I have never heard of femicide before. I know women are mistreated, but I didn't know they were killed simply for being women.

Happens regularly everywhere, worse in Islamic countries, but Christian countries as well.

Being a woman is a condition? Oh no.. is there treatment for this condition?

We all have 'conditions'. I didn't realize one could be killed because of them though. Being born a Jew must also be one of those killable conditions. Being born an a-hole must not be one.

Yes, but the surgery is far more difficult than going the other way. 😁

Many countries allow HONOR KILLING of women by families or husbands.... while prohibited by law in other countries HONOR KILLING does not seem to be as commonplace outside the borders of THE SAVIOUR el salvador

Well I just learned a new word for murder.

That is the problem it is entirely different offence than murder with different criteria and punishment, it is a specific hate crime rather than simply a crime, in the same way as causing death by dangerous driving is a different crime and carries much lighter sentences than manslaughter Femicide depending on the attitude to women of the country in question carries lighter or heavier sentences than murder, and the motive must also be proven to have been gender related.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:455471
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.