Agnostic.com

49 11

Do You Have a Phobia?

My phobia is snakes. I was walking along a river as an early teen and almost stepped on a water moccasin that was coiled up and hissing up at me. I think I beat a mile path around that snake. I still can't be around them to this day.

ballou 8 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

49 comments (26 - 49)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nope.

I have a phobia but i haven'tany namr for it,if somebody know about it please ???? tell me.
I often check my balancesheets made by me a lots of time.please name this phobia.

FAIZ Level 5 Mar 29, 2018

Acrophobia, claustrophobia, orthopterophobia

Acrophobia, thanatophobia, hymenopterophobia.

Steve Irwin was afraid of Cottonmouths. That is all I need to know about that.

I used to know a man who looked like a cross between Anton LaVey and Hagrid from Harry Potter - not far off seven feet tool and about the same across, built like a nuclear bunker. He had a terrible phobia of buttons and couldn't weat anything with buttons on it.

Jnei Level 8 Mar 31, 2018

No, not in the strict sense of pulse rising, shakes and stuff like that but not keen on being near balloons, I can hold them, blow them up, jump on them but just being around them.

So here's a weird phobia...My daughter (47 yo) is terrified of pushing a grocery cart. !!!
LOL LOL LOL LOL

I get terrified while pushing one. Gets steadily worse until she tears the receipt hands it to me and says"that will be more dollars than you have and108 cents.

I have many fears and hestancies but I'm not sure any count as a phobia. I remember my Kansan Mom was deathly afraid of snakes, no toy snakes allowed, period! Anyway, my daughter and I were visiting a neighbor in Austin who was an exotic dancer and she had snakes for her act. I was from Alaska and we don't have snakes or many small nasty critters. (I won't mention our spiders...); so we were looking at and handling them. I was intrigued that the bottom of a boa was like a tank's tread. So both my daughter and I posed for photos with this large snake curled around our necks. The upshot was both my Kentuckian then husband and later my Mom was horrified at the photos and almost accused me of child neglect and abuse.

I have a deep-seeded trust issue which now manifests itself as a phobia of touching other people. I can do handshakes and high fives and fist pounds but getting any closer really stresses me out and makes me uncomfortable. Doesn’t help I’m a large person.

My relatives

I don't like snakes. I tell others the joke of me following them through my yard trying to talk to them and all they want to do is get away. (This is my proof of believing Genesis and the talking snake from the bible.) "Talk to me, snake. I know you can talk."
I'm starting to develope a fear of heights and climbing. Before neuropothy came along I could climb like a monkey. I'm not as sure footed now.

Buzzing bees and hornets

Heights and trypophobia (fear of small holes in clusters).

Spiders.

Lightning scares the shit out of me especially if I am out in the rain or in a pool when it hsppens.

Mentioning a phobia makes it matter that much more... I'd rather pretend that I'm fearless.

Yes, to swimming in rivers / oceans.

When I was 4 years old I asked my sister: "Are sharks in the river? " She decided to show me no sharks were around (they are never in the rivers) and she hold my head under the water for an eternity. Since then, I only swim in swimming pools.

I have a pretty big fear of heights.

Yes, hights and open spaces and the worst by far which is panic attacks which means I'm just as scared as if I'm up a high pole in a flat desert but I mite be just driving down the shops.

I don't know if this is a real thing but... beaks. Yes, beaks. I was at a drive-thru wildlife park with my ex and kids when an ostrich approached my window. My ex rolled the window down and set the child lock that prevented me from rolling it up. I was in a full-on panic; absolutely terrified. I said every single cuss word I know and made some up, I'm sure. After that day, I started noticing a pattern about myself. I'm scared of things with beaks. I never knew that until that day with the ostrich.

Fire-can't light a match or lighter. When I was 5 years old my mom almost burnt my street down.

Aliens scare the crap out of me...

Mice and rats give me a special kinda heeby jeebies!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45700
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.