Agnostic.com

61 15

Are you patient?

I've been told I'm very patient by most people. Except my husband who often says I'm impatient. This really only applies to one thing that I can think of, though. That is waiting. I don't like it.

I don't like being early for things. (Of course certain things like work requires it, but leisurely things).

For instance, I purposely arrive late to movies, because I don't want to watch 20 minutes of previews. Not super late, but I get there at about the showtime.

silvereyes 8 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

61 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The only place was impatient was in traffic, now I'm happy with "We'll get there when we get there." Maybe it is what happens when you are over 70.

No..I'm not patient. I'm told by my wife that I'm not normal too. I bring back the whopper if it don't look like the picture on the wall... that makes my wife mad. I tell kroger's that my pieces of chicken are to small and to change them out. My wife walks away from me. I want what's on the picture or I'm going to get a little louder. Just give me what I'm paying for and I want make a scene...lol.

My mother said I wasn't. My wife says I'm not. My daughter says I'm not. So — probably not.

I think I'm patient but I get pissed off at things that just don't seem normal to me. Today I was getting an oil change and they lost my keys. How ignorant. That's something right out of a movie.
Then I'm getting chicken tenders and wedge fries and the woman gives me a tiny bit of fries. Very small ones. I called her on it and told her I wanted the big ones. She says they won't fit the plate. That was when I told her they were there to be sold so she must have to remove the lid for the big fries to fit, huh? How stupid. I got my fries.
The funny thing is that I just talk in a normal voice but these strange things happen to me all the time. Often people act confused and seem like they are just going to cry. I don't get it.

I am patient most of th etime. I really get annoyed though when people make a habit of not being punctual.

I like to think im pretty patient

It doesn't pay to be inpatient.. you only upset yourself and make yourself look foolish to be inpatient in this world.. I look at situtation where I must wait as "lessons in patience" and observe my surrounds or think of a poem in my mind.. 🙂 However.. after a long period of paitence with some people.. I reach a saturation level then, I am DONE!

My poor wife is torn. Like you, she doesn't want to sit through a bunch of previews. Unlike you, she likes particular seats and doesn't want to arrive after they're taken.

Extremely patient. Except on the rare occasion when I'm not. Hit one of my triggers and I will snap. I don't like to be manipulated.

more so with non-human fellow beings. just caught myself recently, pacing in my gp's waiting room - yeah, as a patient, haha!

Not since I escaped! mwueeheeeheee!

I'm not that patient. I'm too easily distracted.

I've been a patient. I've known some patients. I have no patients. They are very expensive to keep.

LOL!

I'm too patient sometimes, it seems.

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 29, 2018

I dunno. My modus operandi is to routinely carry a book (before Kindle) and now a tablet with a Kindle app. I also used to have a bottle of water in the car, and some healthy snack like chopped fruit and nuts, so I could snack, drink, and read if stuck in traffic, or waiting for an appointment.

I'm patient with people I know, and people who I know mean no harm. I have a short fuse for the rest.

I am patient. I am so patient that some even named it "legendary" haha. No matter the situation, it takes a lot for me to get impatient. Like staying on wiat on the phone for 30 minutes waiting for the person to get back to me. Wait 3 days for an answer that I needed last year. But of course, if I am dong something important and that it cannot wait, I will be less incline to let my legendary patience have the best of me.

I’m patient with everybody except impatient people.

skado Level 9 Mar 29, 2018

Yes, sometimes too patient with people who turn out to be toxic for me. I'm early for everything, except family functions. I've learned that it is best for me to show up at a family function late and leave early.

Exceedingly. I can't not think, "What if that were me? How would I want others to regard and treat me if the shoe were on the other foot?". It's automatic.

But I'm very regimented about it. Shit on me once, that one's for free; we all make mistakes. Shit on me twice, words will be had: clear, simple, and direct. Shit on me thrice, you're history.

People say I am extremely patient, but the voice in my head says otherwise, I guess the high level of frustration doesn't show.

I'm incredibly patient mostly. Sometimes, though not often and when I forget to breathe I am just spaghetti...

I've been told I'm too patient

I am patient, except when dealing with idiot drivers or technology. I will pitch a fit if my cell phone or computer acts up....and I think people driving slow in the fast lane should be executed

Nuke Level 5 Mar 29, 2018

Maybe just kicked in the balls.

I'm very patient, no reason for it I just am.

I consider myself very patient but unfortunately, sometimes my patience gets abused and I can feel I am being taken advantage of. When that happens I feel backed into a corner and a need to be assertive. (assertive not agressive).

I am usually early and will bring something to entertain myself. When taking a ferry I am often very early, depending on the ferry and the particular quota (since there are several islands the ferry system can take some getting used to). At those times I will read, take a snooze or go for a hike on special trails located at both terminals. For the ferry it pays to be organized.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45711
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.