Agnostic.com

61 15

Are you patient?

I've been told I'm very patient by most people. Except my husband who often says I'm impatient. This really only applies to one thing that I can think of, though. That is waiting. I don't like it.

I don't like being early for things. (Of course certain things like work requires it, but leisurely things).

For instance, I purposely arrive late to movies, because I don't want to watch 20 minutes of previews. Not super late, but I get there at about the showtime.

silvereyes 8 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

61 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I used to not be, but that has changed. Yoga, and just not giving a fuck helped me gain patience

I suffer from time anixety and have little patients when it comes to appointments...when people show up more that ten minutes late without calling I sometime tell them to leave. I think this is a result of some early childhood trauma.

I'm patient up to a point, but I think that most people have a reasonable limit. I've gotten to be more 'patient' in my older age as life has beaten me further and further down. People sometimes mistake my being patient with actually not giving a shit anymore....

I am but not as bad as I used to be.
Watching someone fumble around with something I know how to do still freaks me out a little though. lol

I modify my behavior so it looks like I'm patient, but I do seethe internally when something goes on for what seems like forever. Does that count?

I'm less patient and this habit I got since my childhood.

FAIZ Level 5 Mar 29, 2018

Anyone who has been in the US Army has learned patience. The Army has always had a "hurry up and wait" way of operating. I have moderate patience.

Yhhhhhh.. Nah ... sometimess

I like to think im pretty patient

Extremely patient. Except on the rare occasion when I'm not. Hit one of my triggers and I will snap. I don't like to be manipulated.

more so with non-human fellow beings. just caught myself recently, pacing in my gp's waiting room - yeah, as a patient, haha!

I'm too patient sometimes, it seems.

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 29, 2018

I am patient. I am so patient that some even named it "legendary" haha. No matter the situation, it takes a lot for me to get impatient. Like staying on wiat on the phone for 30 minutes waiting for the person to get back to me. Wait 3 days for an answer that I needed last year. But of course, if I am dong something important and that it cannot wait, I will be less incline to let my legendary patience have the best of me.

I'm incredibly patient mostly. Sometimes, though not often and when I forget to breathe I am just spaghetti...

I'm very patient, no reason for it I just am.

I consider myself very patient but unfortunately, sometimes my patience gets abused and I can feel I am being taken advantage of. When that happens I feel backed into a corner and a need to be assertive. (assertive not agressive).

I am usually early and will bring something to entertain myself. When taking a ferry I am often very early, depending on the ferry and the particular quota (since there are several islands the ferry system can take some getting used to). At those times I will read, take a snooze or go for a hike on special trails located at both terminals. For the ferry it pays to be organized.

As an sculptor, many people tell me, I have the patient, of job.

In reality, I have little patient for things I don't like to do. Building with sand and snow sculptures I love in the moment. Building with wood or harder stone materials requires more patients.

Oh my gosh,Im so impatient. I embarrass myself. I could go stark raving mad in 15 mins.of waiting. I try to stay calm and recognize that Its probably worth the wait.
Sounds like you just dont wanna waste your time, I think thats smart.

I'm pretty patient. I've waited about 20 years to get on with my life because of the egoist party... Know what I mean? I like to be patient. It helps. But sometimes I would like to just slap somebody in the face!!!

I have little patience, like my dad was. On some things I do, like things you HAVE to have patience with. I do not have patience with young people. I work with a lot of younger people who think they know it all. Ain't got time for that.

I'm pretty impatient a lot of the time.

However, I'm also chronically late for things no matter what I do. When I do manage to leave the house quickly enough, I'm the person who ends up hitting every red light or gets lost. Plot my course to avoid getting lost? Google leads me a merry chase all over town to end up in the wrong location. Start early? There's a wreck on I-5. Start even earlier? Arrive on time, traipse all over the building, unable to find the room I'm looking for, end up late anyway. I've managed to be on time for appointments about nine times out of ten, but social things is where it falls down. But if people want to drop me because of it, it's their loss.

I have heard that late people think more about themselves than they ought to, do you agree?

@Boudica Depends on whether 'think more about themselves than they ought to' refers to narcissism (for which one has to have a high opinion of oneself so lolnope) or being self-conscious (which I am, far too much).

Are you by chance an INFJ type? I am, and check yes to your whole list. Especially the movies. My son laughs. My timing is almost perfect every show.

@silvereyes similar in ways. Makes sense.

My mother said I wasn't. My wife says I'm not. My daughter says I'm not. So — probably not.

I think I'm patient but I get pissed off at things that just don't seem normal to me. Today I was getting an oil change and they lost my keys. How ignorant. That's something right out of a movie.
Then I'm getting chicken tenders and wedge fries and the woman gives me a tiny bit of fries. Very small ones. I called her on it and told her I wanted the big ones. She says they won't fit the plate. That was when I told her they were there to be sold so she must have to remove the lid for the big fries to fit, huh? How stupid. I got my fries.
The funny thing is that I just talk in a normal voice but these strange things happen to me all the time. Often people act confused and seem like they are just going to cry. I don't get it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:45711
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.