Agnostic.com

7 4

100 days of diamond pushups. I usually crash and burn.

Inspired by this girl, for two years I have attempted 100 days of diamond push-ups. Usually after five days, I'm so sore in the chest and arms, I can't do another push-up. I quit in defeat.

Time-lapse video- Girl does 100 days of push-ups

This time, I down-shifted to regular men's push-ups on day three to give myself a break. After I get stronger (in two weeks?) I'll go back to diamond push-ups.

Am thinking of joining a yoga class. Despite stretching, my muscles get tight and sore from hiking and weightlifting.

Diamond push-up

"The diamond push-up is an advanced variation of the push-up exercise performed with the hands in a diamond shape. It increases the challenge to the triceps, but also targets the chest and shoulders."

[bodybuilding.com]

As they say in AA, one day at a time.

LiterateHiker 9 Feb 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Push ups I can do. Burpees bloody kill me.

I used to do 100 push ups with a girl sat on my back (long time ago) ... now my wrist collapses after doing a few simple reps.... cest la vie. I now do 10 reps but 4 or 5 times a day.
You stick with it and do what you are comfortable with

Surely it is easier to let someone whip your upper body if you desire pain there?

@Petter

Don't worry, I have been lifting weights since age 24.

@LiterateHiker I was lifting them from a much younger age, as soon as I could legitimately order the weights from a bar.

@Petter

What do you mean by, "As soon as I could legitimately order the weights from a bar"? I don't get the joke.

@LiterateHiker Glass weights, with a handle on the side and a pint of liquid inside them.

@Petter

Very funny! I don't like beer. Nasty stuff.

@LiterateHiker Try using wine as the make-weight filling!

I use the weight machines at Planet Fitness, and my arms hurt almost every day. When they stop hurting I work them again. I guess I should try these.

WOW amazing , Go for it .I hope you can meet your goal , we are cheering for you

Guys do these brutal exercises with little pain due to testosterone raging from crotch to brain stem and muscles everywhere.....if you want to shrink your breasts build your pectorals and fist fight to win everywhere you will probably lose most of your womanly desires and grow violent thoughts.
....some women do in military and sports and can deliver healthy babies but my gorilla body does not dominate my Feminist Atheist mind.....wanting a cheerleader to love me 52 years ago was a big mistake and I grew into a 6'5" giant

@Larry68Feminist

Push-ups do not shrink women's breasts. You are mistaken.

@LiterateHiker hundreds of push ups will enlarge pectoral muscles daily....maybe the word shrink is misleading....fatty stored tissues will be digested below the skin levels to feed growing nearby pecs....intense physical athletic training is also a cause of common amenorrhea in young women

@LiterateHiker ask female Veterans and bodybuilders their experiences with push up type daily repetitions in the hundreds....that is hours not minutes a day of extreme exertion and if food intake does not radically increase
..... the body digests stored fat wherever it may be stored

@Larry68Feminist

Stop pestering me. I'm not a bodybuilder.

Try for 30 and then move up. You are superwoman! I can do 2 LOL!

@Lorajay

Thank you. Today I did two sets of regular men's push-ups. Ten minutes later, I did another set of 10 diamond push-ups. Trying to get my triceps to firm up.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:457122
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.