Agnostic.com

7 2

What brings you peace?

Many of us started life believing in a religion that was comforting. Now that is gone for most of us, what brings you peace? For me, it is spending time outdoors, studying the amazing diversity of life we have on our planet.

zanyfish 6 Nov 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being completely independent

I find the stillness and the gathering of a Quaker Meeting peaceful. I consider myself a Non-Theist Quaker. It is not a religion to me nor to many of the other Friends in Meeting, many are agnostic or atheist. For me it is about the social activism mostly. But the stillness when we are gathered is very peaceful.

Jinny Level 3 Nov 22, 2017

Being in the outdoors with just the sounds of nature, poignant classical music.

Honestly, I find a lot of comfort in the fact that one day, I will die, and that is it.

Erica Level 1 Nov 22, 2017

Being by the sea or somewhere of natural beauty , being away from the hustle and bustle of the mainstream and its pretentious plastic population . Living outside the programme

Nature, travel, and Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.

Spending time with my Best friend and her kids. they ( the kids) don't judge me and they enjoy my company because i WANT them around. at work there is a dog that comes in a few times a week. she is old, and quiet but the sweetest, she calms my nerves when my day is bad

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4599
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.