Agnostic.com

25 1

What about your life gives you a sense of meaning?

Tara2 4 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The pursuit of happiness, knowledge, adventure, reason, beauty and love are what gives my life meaning.

Honestly I don't attempt to give life meaning..Im really just trying to enjoy the ride.

My family, my work, my inner peace

sigh. Music. Fixing what i can, healing the damage i find.

I try to live a good life, using my wisdom in my mature years to treat people as I feel they should be treated. I have various roles to play - serving my clients, being a friend/lover, etc., but what gives me the most joy lately is my newest role in the cycle of generations, being grandma to my sweet little grandsons. I hope that I can create wonderful memories and instill values that will be a solid foundation for them to go farther in improving the human condition than I ever could.

Almost everything. Life is a hoot.

It also beats the alternative all to hell.

My daughters, my family and when I'm there my work (I don't bring it home)

Natural beauty. Music, art, people.

My son

Being there for this little girl, and for her cousin who should arrive in the next 6 weeks or so.

philosophy

skado Level 9 Mar 29, 2018

Living it.

I don't even acknowledge that one needs any more "meaning" to their life than to simply be alive.

dancing like a loon

My relationships, my appreciation for the beauty in nature, my passion for music, and my awe of the universe.

I have 3 great kids, I play lots of music and I’m willing to look reality in the eye... Our purpose is to perpetuate the species, we are animals and a happy accident, I don’t need to assign meaning to it, I need only enjoy whatever time there is and maybe leave the world a hogs breath better than I found it. But it doesn’t “mean” anything... it is what it is. Trying not to take life to seriously, everything is temporary from your cat to the universe. Let go of the idea that it must have meaning, why put that kind of pressure on yourself? ok, if I just answer the question, if I had to pick something? Other people, connections with family and friends.. it’s tricky because easy to say my kids give my life meaning but you don’t need to have kids to feel as if your life has meaning so.... sticking with there is no meaning, but maybe a bit of purpose🙂

Self improvement. The journey to self actualization.

I just make the most of what I can get, there is no meaning. nature and life is not very common and the right conditions got it going. it just is.

My daughter

Nature, music, horses, birds, wildlife, books, Netflix, friends, family

As a teacher, whenever I encourage a child or enhance their self-esteem or make them feel like a valuable member of their community/society, that gives me great satisfaction. I know that means something to the kids I'm working with!

Knowing that life has no meaning.

Today it was a dance-party on the porch with small humans.

Altruism. Having a purpose that transcends selfish desires. For me, I desire to be self sufficient so that I am not a burden to others. Having accomplished that, leaving a lasting, positive legacy is important as well. A well educated, financially supported family, a healthy planet, a healthy democratic government. These things give life meaning.

Love (not necessarily romantic love) to me, is the only thing weighty enough to balance the scales between what it takes to survive, and why do it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:46038
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.