Agnostic.com

28 13

You died, I lived, god is good!

Is anyone else bothered when people who are spared severe damage or death/injury in a catastrophe will make public statements god spared them and their family? If I was one of their neighbors who’s home was destroyed by a tornado or whose relative died in a flood, I might feel obligated to go over and smack them. Especially when more often than not in small town America, they probably all go to the same church or at least are all of the same faith. I consider it the highth of hypocrisy to basically say that your god chose you over your neighbor or friend and if he spared you, you must have to believe that he purposely attacked and harmed those who were not spared. Is there any other explanation?

Barnie2years 8 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Guess they should've prayed harder then.

I see your headline as something that we all say to god. That is, if you believe in a god. "You died so I could live, god is good." This is the "great love" that god has for you even if he doesn't heal those sick children of cancer. To believe it makes you special.

Not even close! No god, no god killing himself so that bad things he created could be forgiven. I think you got lot on your way to the fairytale website.

@Barnie2years No, I'm an atheist who was once a believer. My remark is catering to some nonsense that believers think is true. I don't believe it for one minute.

Totally agree...Who the hell are You, special?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:46119
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.