Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Cuba has a lung cancer vaccine and many U.S. patients can't go there.

This kid of undermines the idea that you need capitalism in order to spawn and promote innovation. A tiny communist country did this.

snytiger6 9 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

[snopes.com]cancer-vaccine/

Yeah, I sort of assumed, just form my general knowledge that it could not be a "cure all" for all lung cancers. My point in posting it was that you cna have innovation without the profit motive driving research.

I admit I had hoped that since it was in USA Today that the journalism would have been more accurate than it seems to have been as refuted by the Snopes fact check though. I admit I should have fact checked this myself before posting, so I could have stated the errors up front .

Still my primary point that the profit motive isn't needed for innovation n medicine still stands up pretty well, as they did develop new treatments for some types of lung cancer without the profit motive behind it, even if hte treatments were not at great as claimed it was still a great advancement in cancer treatments.

@snytiger6 [en.wikipedia.org]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:463712
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.