Agnostic.com

10 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The immorality of this is almost incomprehensible. We are a sick nation and getting sicker with every passing day. 😟

The dates about "2010 and Obamacare was the law of tbe land" don't line up. Very few of the changes to the way insurance underwrites or pays for things, were implemented befor 2014. Minor quibble bwcause that has nothing to do with the reality of the story, but when people add extraneous info for no reason (and Obamacare is a slightly derogatory term for the ACA) it always sounds of some political agenda, and it makes you wonder what else the writer felt like adding or subtracting from her story.

A very good point to consider.

Atrocious

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 27, 2020

The biggest cause of bankruptcy in this country is overwhelming medical debt.

So glad to be Canadian!

I was pleasantly surprised that a Spanish medical student commented that .... "our teachers and doctors that teach us use the USA medical system as a bad example on how to do things ...."

The American citizen is being leached by corporate health providers and insurers, each determined to maximise profit.
Is this the pinnacle of capitalism? To suck dry the populace at large for the benefit of the elite.

Kash Jackson (about the second comment down) is a libertarian activist in the South, so to me it's indicative of the problem we have that - in the middle of horror by the rest of the world - his ONLY response is for prayers for her loss. Not for the bills. Not for the wreck of a system we have. Talk about heartless.

I noticed that, wanted to slap that face off.

@HippieChick58 Me, too! He misses entirely that his attitude is the reason for the whole immoral debacle.

Bastards

Crap like this is a prime reason why we need universal healthcare!

Exactly!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:464583
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.