Agnostic.com

4 2

A note to our community's feminists

I've noticed many staunch proponents for women's rights on this site. Both young and older. To all of them I'd like to offer an observation.

Now, before I offer it, let me be up front. I am a white man and I understand this means I know nothing about anything and I'm not allowed to say anything. I get that completely. So this is no attempt at mansplaining or an insult to anyone's intelligence. I am merely offering my perception - miniscule in significance though it may be given my status as a white male.

Here it is: make sure you identify if someone is truly your enemy before you commence to treating them as a combatant. Rome wasn't built in a day and this patriarchal influence won't disappear overnight (obviously). So if I or any of my brethren slip up and make an offensive utterance or display some act of crass sexism or misogyny - - at least give us some credit if we're doing it while marching for Planned Parenthood funding or arguing over equal pay for all or some other egalitarian measure. When you circle your wagons try to not leave your support on the outside.

JeffMesser 8 Feb 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jeff
You are a MAN.
There is no way to overcome that basic fact.
Give up.
All the rapists, criminals, wife beaters, serial killers, Alpha male Machiavellians, narcissistic users, female-haters, patriarchal bible-thumpers, Republican science-denying righties, terrorists, lone-wolf gunmen, friend-buying capitalists, etc., etc., in general 98% of ALL OF US, have made sure you are under a cloak of suspicion from the age of puberty onward.
These men have ruined it for all of us 'good guys," who just want to be friends and get along with everyone.
WE are ashamed of these men, but are down deep nervous we may be one of them in denial.
So we become self-loathing recluses who watch sports and Ancient Aliens compulsively, play marathon solitaire and count our days as if under a nonpardonable death sentence.
And occasionally write into Agnostics.com.
Or is that just me?

a home run. you hit that one out of the park.

Hey ladies, remember that some of us are ok with you thinking for yourselves

Ladies, please ignore this in regards to myself. If I fuck up correct me any way you feel like.

1of5 Level 8 Feb 29, 2020

free ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:465171
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.