Agnostic.com

11 1

Sexual proclivities stifled by religion?

Do you have any personal sexual kinks or proclivities that you were forced to stifle or hide because of a connection to religion?

jamessmithwick 6 Mar 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well it's not exactly a kink, but a former girlfriend avoided vaginal sex because it went contrary to her religion. But oral was just fine... none of it was due to my belief, just respect for hers.

Pretty sure she was just going with "the letter of the law, though"

Probably a complete dislike of the birthing process as well? Taking no chances anyway. Lots of things you can do without a vagina to aim at , happily.

Can't say that it's an actual set back.

No. I grew up in a household where my parents were collectors of erotic art.

i think so long both parties enjoy it there is no issue more of a love person rather than lust one

Rosh Level 7 Mar 31, 2018

I would definitely answer your question if I only had some idea what sexual proclivities are ?
Am I missing out on some delictable activity ??

No, as long as my hand or partner is willing and no one is hurt ill have sex just the way I like it.

No. I have never been inhibited sexually. In fact, I think I took pleasure in following my desires and not letting myself be stifled. The only thing I couldn't do was share my stories. At least I couldn't until I discovered Fetlife. And I had appreciated having a place to write about my sexuality and some of the things I have explored.

Not so much kinks or anything, my parents were nut cases, I had no social life until I was put out of home and not permitted to mix out side of school. Sex outside of marriage is the greatest sin, any form of fraternising with females was totally banned. My mother was the religious nut, she was adopted, her birth mother was only 16. My father was just a prick who regarded children as his personal slaves. Met my ex after I left home at 16, she was my supervisor, we dated when I was 19, engaged at 20 married at 21. She is catholic, sex is only for baby making. So, what are these personal sexual kinks or proclivities of which you speak?

Freethinker for years - no judgemental religion.

Everything has been stifled by religion.

I think for many women just basic sexuality is stifled by religion. So anything beyond the pleasure of just sex is a major taboo.

Same for men but just overlooked.

Yes, for men too. I guess as a woman I could relate.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:46524
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.