Agnostic.com

9 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All must come down.

Seems inevitable that corporations will be destroyed by greedy management Growing a food forest might save some of us if climate change can be controlled.

I love Jimmy Dore and the Aggressive Progressives lol

The speaker may have predicted Brexit and Trump but he clearly was mistaken about France and Germany....so much for crystal balls.

I like Jimmy Dore al lot because he intentionaly goes over the top and he is right it many times, but not all the time.

cava Level 7 Mar 31, 2018

It is difficult to predict specific events and time. They are still trying to game the public, regardless of a few disappointments

Collapse - the precise time please.

Rosh Level 7 Mar 31, 2018

It's analogous to an avalanche. Examine the depth and type of snow pack and you know when an avalanche is inevitable, but you cannot predict when it will occur.

It seems that the game metaphor is the most appropriate one that we have for describing human conduct in terms of economics; it is used by the London School of Economics and the Harvard Business School. It is the most widely used but least understood metaphor. The zero sum (winning and losing) model has run its course and there seems to be nothing to replace it. There is not an unlimited supply of natural resources.

Fuelled by unfettered greed to maintain high levels of profit many companies and corporations seek cheap slave labour abroad and the consequences are clearly manifested most in western countries with high unemployment figures. The sheer short-sightedness that seems to have ignored some basic facts is incredible to say the least. Where is the market for products that were manufactured cheaply abroad when at home there are high levels of unemployment? In the past year I have seen more than several small local businesses close down because they can no longer survive in the current economic climate. Whole office buildings and shop units remain empty because nobody can afford the high rents.

In terms of game theory, all games are not won by superior tact, skill or ability, except in very limited circumstances, viz, I step into the ring with Mike Tyson, and the outcome is easily predicted. All games have deliberately skewed odds that favour a winning outcome as in the best of 3, 5 or 7 seven sets or games. However, when you change the odds to the best of 4, 6 or 8 sets a different outcome emerges, it is called a draw.

The only way that you can win in any game or game like situation is by taking advantage of your opponent’s mistakes or inducing mistakes that you give an advantage.

Good point.

What I heard is that the US is not alone facing oligarchs and conservatives.

I must give up on this one...I must be 'brain tire' I can't get my mind around this complicated subject...I will run it thru my brain again later!

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:46568
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.