Agnostic.com

5 11

Supreme Court Rejects Gun Rights Group's Challenge to Bump Stock Ban

Great news!

"The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday rebuffed a bid by gun rights advocates to overturn President Donald Trump’s ban on “bump stocks” - devices that enable semi-automatic weapons to fire rapidly like a machine gun - implemented after the 2017 Las Vegas mass shooting.

"Bump stocks use a gun’s recoil to bump its trigger, enabling a semiautomatic weapon to fire hundreds of rounds per minute, which can transform it into a machine gun.

"The ban required owners to turn in or destroy the attachments and those caught in possession of them could face up to 10 years in prison."

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As a point of reference for those horrified about the proliferation of the deadly Bump Stocks.
Anyone in the USA (The Gunfighter Nation) can, with the right amount of currency, legally purchase a "Class III"
weapon. This is a page from the RIA Auction sight monthly brochure. A constant supplier of fine weaponry for the discerning shootist:

You lot are mad

Meanwhile, down on the other side of the river:

I wish them deafness because they are probably causing deafness to others or at least making others wish they were deaf.

@Lorajay
Pretty sure ear and eye protection is mandatory.

@bigpawbullets even for the neighbors?

@Lorajay
Well, it's pretty remote.

Good grief. A GOP dominated supreme court did that? Maybe miracles from god are real, after all!!

And....
In our capitalistic culture, the street price of a bump stock just quadrupled. 🍷😎

The fascination with fully automatic weapons has always bemused me.

Having been in our armed forces, I understand the fascination, but just because something is fascinating doesn't mean you should play with it, eg, snakes, spiders, big cats etc.

@MissKathleen
I'd suspect that dying from automatic weapons fire or semiautomatic weapons fire is pretty much the same.

@MissKathleen
Glad to hear you take responsiblity for your safety Kathleen.

@MissKathleen
You & Linda would get along.

Happy they lost big time and finally Trumph did something right ,not sure how that happenned

@MissKathleen
Supreme court justices get the credit. The President is most likely oblivious to this.

@MissKathleen
I take it you won't be voting for President Trump for re-election?
😁

@MissKathleen i wouldn't.

@MissKathleen 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:465956
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.