Agnostic.com

42 8

LINK I AM A MUSLIM ASK ME ANYTHING? - MUSLIM DEFENDS ISLAM ACROSS AMERICA

I find social experiments like this interesting.

Amazingly 60% of Americans have never spoken to a Muslim about Islam. With the backdrop of violence and terrorism associated with Islam The Review of Religions team traveled across America touring 6 States over 8 weeks asking the public if they had any questions about Islam. With questions ranging from Jihad to Feminism, the response was amazing!

Jetty 7 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Are you fucking crazy? Do you know where you are? I read some of the replies and then slammed on the brakes. Why was I even interested enough to do that? Fuck the fucking Muslims that throw gays off high places. I saw a lady at the bank this afternoon in a burka and it took all my restraint to not say, you know you don't have to do that here? They are so brainwashed they will only reply that they chose to. Bullshit. They are indoctrinated to think that. Its hot here in central Florida. If it helped, the locals would be covering up too! Here's my question: why don't you remove your head from your ass? Breathing is great - helps get O2 to your brain! Then you can see reality and make better decisions. Like, there's not a god. Put your energies elsewhere.

Ummmmmmmm, 1. Heard of our Constitution & Bill of Rights? I'll wait here while you Google them, shall i?
2. It is hotter in desert countries than here and they wear a lot of clothing including head coverings because body temp (98.6) is cooler than actual temps (105++), duhhhhhhhh.
3. Your racism & xenophobia is showing. Maybe you could see someone about this unfortunate condition...?

@SanDiegoAirport Michael Moore doesn't give a d-mn what you think of him, loser.

Do you think the guy in the video "throw gays off high places"?

@AnneWimsey I'm a simple spectator here but curious as to where do you get the idea race had anything to do with religious belief I do think that you do have some points but there is no race or xenophobia going on it's just religious belief antiquity that he's commenting on. Muslims do all those things, throw gays off buildings ,killing strapping bombs to themselves to get their virgins in heaven, there's a lot of evidence to that in both the Taliban, Isis, most of the extremist.

@Drew69 and of course all muslims are homogeneous, no sects or anything like our Xians/supremacists. And no Xian's ever shot up any schools or churches, or injured gays or children. When you condemn an entire group of people (for whatever reason!l it is Hate speech & racist, and reveals Your problems, not theirs.

@Drew69, @Imatheistically ohferpetessake, based on the historical evidence, (going back far longer than Islam) plus recent activities and their words, I could Easily say that about Xians...oh , and you....

@AnneWimsey being racist means your putting down a particular race for either their skin color racial diversity or ethnic background not there religious belief that's totally different. I could become a Muslim if I wanted to. I have no interest, but anybody can become a Muslim an Asian woman can become Muslim, but Asian is a race just as a black is a race Indian is a race Mexican is not a race because some are Indian and Spaniards a Spaniard is white in Spaniard is Anglo . Mexican its cultural and Mexico is a country not a race
no on the paperwork they could be considered Latino and that's a race.

@Drew69 well, nice try at deflection........

@AnneWimsey nope that's legality. What's your propagating is untrue. Religion is nota Race! Plain and simple

@Drew69 alrighty then, you re not a racist, you are a nasty hate-spewing piece of Crap. Feel better now?

@AnneWimsey I didn't read anything above about racism. Muslims aren't a race.

@AnneWimsey, @Storm1752 All right, let's play nice.

@Storm1752, @AnneWimsey let's play nice..please

I appreciate the guy's peaceful approach. He has enough balls to venture out into what could be very hostile territory. Some who have commented here seem to have missed the point that not every Muslim is the same, and I don't think they are interested in believing otherwise.
The Muslims I have met were all pretty much like any other people I have met.

I feel no different about islam than I do about all other religions.
They're ALL evil.

@Athena No exceptions. Not one.

@Athena Look, you are free to believe whatever you please.
I do not have to explain myself.
I was pretty clear in my original response.

@Athena Not triggered, I promise. My anti-theism just runs really, REALLY deep.
I'm completely comfortable lumping all religions together and loathing them all equally.

@Athena Just because I refuse to engage in the conversation about what you think I (or anyone else) should, doesn't make me (or them) "intellectually lazy". I simply choose not to debate the varying degrees of "evil" of different religions. As @Leontion clearly, and repeatedly, stated, jainism is just as bad as every other religion. She laid out the reasons why.
Whether I choose to live up to your expectations of what constitutes an intellectually active person should be, is fairly irrelevant.
Enjoy your day.

All religion is nonsense, not just yours.

I met many many Muslims throughout my life. They all were like any other person, just more religious. They were good and kind, some very nice and funny. I met Palestinians, Indonesians, Iranians, Lebanese, Syrian, Egyptians, Bengali, Pakistanis, Nigerians, etc. I see them like any other people. I disregard their religious faith as I do with any other faith, but I must say nobody ever tried to do proselitism with me or anybody else. A lot of Islam aggressive politics are as a consequence of the Western Powers invading, conquering, intruding, controlling and interfering in their countries.

I go to southern Spain from time to time. It's the only place I meet Muslims and they seem to be really nice people.

"Wife Beating, Quran Verse 4:34

Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them."

There you go. This guy is just peddling excuses and lies, as you might expect, relying on the ignorance of his questioners to try to prove some moral superiority. The minute these people try it on with someone who is really informed their position collapses.

Yes you are right you start spouting off about Sharia law and how it enslaves women see what happens. lol

All religions are a cult of murder and enslavement. Hang around them or read about them enough and you will find it out.

You must not know about all religions. Defination established almost 2000 years ago and in text that holds Guinness book of world record for being most copied text of its kind defines - Religion... pure and faultless is this: to help widows and orphans in need and avoiding worldly corruption. James 1:27

@Word Oh thank you for quoting the Buybull to explain to me all about religions.

@DenoPenno not about teaching you about religion, I am only questioning "why do you refer to anything as being a religion that has nothing to do with helping widows and orphans in need while avoiding worldly corruption?"

I was a practicing pagan for years: witch. No violence or bloodshed. No murder, no enslavement. The first law was: harm none.
The question I was asked most: do you sacrifice animals? Answer: NO.
Second: do you worship satan? Answer: no, we donโ€™t believe in satan.
Over the years, many witches were killed by other religions though.

I was stationed in several Islamic countries, and I formed the opinion that Islam is one of the worst religions in the world. So far, nothing has changed my mind.

Oh look, a Muslim apologist denying there's anything violent or misogynist, or even remotely objectionable in the qur'an and yet Al Queda, and ISIS have no trouble finding plenty of passages in its pages to justify their brutal and murderous activities. Just like the Nazis, the Inquisition, and the Salem Witch Trials found within the pages of the bible to justify theirs.

He may not be violent himself but he's just another religious zealot in denial about the savagery in the book he glorifies as divine.

That is extremely true but if you look at history Stalin was an atheist and because of Stalin a lot of people religious factions, believe that atheist are murderers, killers, also but as you and I both know that's a load of caca lol of course Stalin had a mental disease so it had nothing to do with religious belief. Unlike our Muslim radicalist factions that believe so strongly that martyr ism will get you virgins in heaven. I find this extremely stupid I wouldn't want a virgin in heaven I would want somebody that knows something about sex and is good at it not somebody you're going to have to teach that's no fun and it doesn't say anything about what kind of Virgin you're going to get these guys that are hederal I might be getting a few mail virgins and they're delusional heaven I wonder if that would be considered a Heavenly rape...
lollmao

sorry for typos but i was laughing so hard while voicing my comment. I had an interesting visual of a heterosexual going into heaven to see his virgins and they're all being male virgins. All those male virgins are bending over the Dead Terrorist.. LMAO

I get SO DAMNED TIRED of the "True Islam" label! "True Islam" varies with the culture it dominates. Sorry I didn't have the chance to ask why so many of them mutilate their daughters' genitals, removing all possibility of sexual pleasure. I've seen these women and they're all over the world.

@Jetty I've traveled in 6 Muslim-dominated nations and have often disagreed with well-meaning Muslim fans who have never been in one of those countries. I've seen women shuffling along in full burkas, mesh covering their faces, unable to recognize their friends, following obediently like sheep. When someone tells me how Islam ''respects'' women, I cringe. What they're REALLY saying is that Muslim men can't be trusted to look at a woman's hair and not feel raging lust!

Edna Adan runs a wonderful clinic in Somalia which trains midwives. Their greatest challenge is helping women deliver babies through genitals which have been cut apart or sometimes SEWN together.

No, the Quran doesn't spell this out but...(BIG "BUT" ) it's the accepted practice in these places.

Wish I had a dollar for everytime I've argued with some passionate young person who insists that Islam is a religion of love.

@Jetty I'm indifferent to them as well...but, as a feminist, an educator and someone who values freedom FROM religion...I greatly dislike cults and the damage they do to innocent people.

@Jetty Islamists/fundamentalists have recruited a lot of young women online. Too late, they realize that their Muslim ''lover'' isn't quite the open-minded, liberal fellow he seemed to be! I think we've all heard about young women who get to these countries and then can't escape!

Islam is an extremely disgusting mental disease.

zesty Level 7 Mar 6, 2020

@creative51 Agree, same BS. What is wrong with nuking the enemy instead of loosing our young soldiers? BTW, most of the creators of the nuclear bomb were agnostic or Jews. Muslims didn't nuke us yet not because their moral superiority but because they are way too stupid to build or even steal one bomb.

@creative51 If Muslim radicals had nuclear weapons they would use them

one question, can you present any actual proof the existence of your or any other god?

no?

thought not

Religion: Same old story, just a different face.

Islam is a cult of murder, death and enslavement!

They urge and encourage FMG, pedophilia, chid and females cruelty, out right animal abuse, anti Feminism, along with any and all rights to lie outright to protect another Islamist.

When a few they claim discrimination, when in control there are no rights for non believers.

There are sixty two Sharia governed countries, where the minorities have no rights!

If their religion is so perfect why do they leave their Sharia governed countries to invade, demand rights, and holidays which most secular group are not awarded or granted!
Then declare a Sharia Governed state or country when they reach majority of the population.

Did I forget it is lorded over by Qurโ€™an educated leadership whose words are Considered to be the word of Allah, there is not other way but Allah!,,

Did you know there are 99 names for Allah!!!

The bible is every bit as bad as the quran. The only differences are that most Christians don't adhere to all of its laws and teachings; and, countries that are majority Christian are not theocracies.

If the Talibangelicals get their way, in no time they will be using just as much violence to force their archaic and brutal beliefs onto everyone else--and they would find justification for it in the bible.

It is disgusting here in the US how often we hear of a public official claiming that their god's law is supreme over "man made" laws This is in direct contrast to what our founders intended and they are not fit to serve.

@Joanne
Under Islamic Sharia Law you have no rights!

Yes, most other religions suck, they all want to lord over you and hold dominion over you!

Islam will never let you be anything but enslaved it has not evolved since its inception!!!

Do you think the guy in the video agrees with your statement? "They urge and encourage FMG, pedophilia, chid and females cruelty, out right animal abuse, anti Feminism, along with any and all rights to lie outright to protect another Islamist."

@of-the-mountain Yes, I know. I am simply stating that the bible could be, and has been, used in the same manner as the quran to justify brutality.

Take a look at history to see what Christians did when they were either in control of the governments or had the ear of, or control over, monarchs.

And, this did not happen only in Europe. Early colonies, under Christian control and their god's laws were just as brutal as the Muslims can be under their god's laws (sharia).

This is why our founders established us as a secular nation. We were established as a nation under laws established by men, through reason--not laid down by any god.

Lastly, there are fundamentalist, dominionist, forces in this country who want to "return" to the the rule of law under their god--even though we were NEVER under the laws of their god to start with. Given the chance, they would be just as intolerant and brutal.

@of-the-mountain, @itsmedammit Where in the bible is any of that forbidden? And, FGM is not in the quran, nor is circumcision.

Also, did you know that FGM is not just a Muslim thing? Some Christians have done, and still do this as well. I recall listening to a woman, still alive today, who had this done to her by her Christian mother and doctor, when she was a little girl because her mother caught her playing with herself.

The ONLY way to protect ourselves from the brutality and horrors of ANY religion, is to strengthen our wall of separation of Church and State and to hold our man-made laws above the laws of any religion.

[en.wikipedia.org]

@of-the-mountain yes i 200% agree

@of-the-mountain that is so true!!

I've encountered a pair of young men at our local Public Market. Very cordial. They hold a sign that says "Meet a Muslim". They aren't selling anything, they're just offering the opportunity for a little cultural exchange. I hung out with them for awhile. They were nice.

They're nice right up until their cell is called upon to kill you, you infidel! (24 reference!) I don't trust anyone that believes in any god. Least of all people associated with a book that promotes sharia law. The christians I work with are annoying enough. Muslims caused 911.

@Stilltrying1964 How many Catholics and Protestants have killed one another (and atheists and agnostics) in Northern Ireland? How many Hindus and Buddhists have killed one another in SE Asia? ALL religions have extremists. How many Jews and Christians have killed Muslims in their mosques? ALL religions have murderers. Religion itself is the problem, not any particular religion.

@Paul4747 Greed, backed by religion, here in the USA, has done arguably the most brutal damage in history.
Starting about 500 years ago,
folks who look like you and I,
now called "white people,"
those folks:

1. Stole the land of North America from folks who had been here for 20,000 years.
  2. Imported folks from Africa, to work the land, and paid them no wages.
    If you steal the land, and refuse to pay your workers,
    you might end up with a lot of money.
    So, the harm to the natives,
    and the harm to the imported Africans,
    all that harm,
    for 500 years,
    seems more brutal than any other actions by anyone in history.
    If you add it all up.
    Those doing that harm were mostly Christians,
    as far as I know,
    but maybe the greed was the main thing.
    They just cherry picked Bible verses,
    to support their actions.
    Seems to me.
    So,
    anyone who says that the holocaust was worse,
    or Stalin's purges were worse,
    or sharia law in worse,
    I say, "are you sure?"
    I married a black woman nine years ago.
    She tells me stories about brutal attacks on her,
    insulting,
    hitting,
    grabbing,
    harsh and brutal,
    for all her childhood,
    and many incidents as an adult.
    Black females, right now, in the USA,
    are treated like mangy dogs.
    Not supporting any other brutality.
    Just pointing out that we have our own brutality right here, right now.
    Black trans women, for example, are killed, about one every two weeks, here in the USA.
    Seems very similar to sharia law to me.
    Please click on this link, to see what i mean.
    [advocate.com]

Oh how wonderful and multicultural of you.

@bigjac I'm not approving of that history if it wasn't for Lincoln who happened to be a Republican and wrote the Emancipation Proclamation and freed all black. People every culture on this planet has a little negativity if you look at Africa right now the very same black Culture there is still slavery going on today blacks enslaving other blacks that is a fact. It was also known that black leaders sold their people into slavery to the French and brought them here to the South. There's a lot of history of that you can look it up.

@bigjac so you're saying all the money Bill Gates has spent to save people in Africa from disease and in Europe from disease polio is a horrific thing huh?

I was married to a woman from a Muslim family. Her mother promoted her asking questions and she was an atheist from the beginning with no pushback from her parents. Heard lots of funny stories but also lots of stupid ideas. Same as Christians, Jews and other religions. Superstition and myths rule.

The penalty for apostasy is death -- How can that be defensible ?

They're like everyone else, they twist and mangle their scripture to say and defend what evil actions against others they what to justify.

Religion is so individually interpreted that, it seems to me, any one person cannot necessarily speak for all.

I liked this guy's attitude a lot! Although I don't have the same beliefs as him, I think it was wise from him going for a dialogue driven attitude, teaching about his beliefs and also learning from the feedback from people.

Who cares if you're Muslim, and why are you proud of the fact?
I was raised Catholic, but I'm not now and haven't been for 50 years. I don't hang out with Catholics, avoid the topic whenever possible, and have many and varied interests unrelated to religion and culture at all.
Why do you care if others accept your ignorant religion and culture?

@Jetty"Who cares if you're tall, and why are you proud of the fact?
I was raised tall, but I'm not now and haven't been for 50 years. I don't hang out with talls, avoid the topic whenever possible, and have many and varied interests unrelated to tallism and culture (if there is any) at all.
Why do you care if others accept your ignorant tallism and culture?"

BTW, I'm 5'2" ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜œ

@Cutiebeauty Who cares if you're a tall, agnostic atheist raised a Catholic Muslim?

What is your recipe for the best Milk Pudding in the world?

Um Ali, which I had in Egypt...so yummy!

lmao nice that's great ha ha ha

it is fine that muslims dedicate themselves to disproving terrible myths about them. one doesn't have to believe in the fairytale of any religion in order to be civil and respectful to people who do believe. not everyone who identifies with a religion is an evangelical extremist.

g

of course there are as many different branches of Islam as there are Christianity. I don't see many christians following jesus' teachings of tolerance, love and turning the other cheek. Instead they are hostile, bigoted, greedy, agressive and of course ignorant.

Well I think some people need to read up on Sharia law the reason why women have to wear veils is there not allowed to show their skin to other men and they are indeed beaten for that. You have to ask yourself one question why is there Isis why is there Taliban why is it that they believe they will get many virgins for self-sacrifice when they go into heaven?รท I would like to ask them do they believe in Sharia law?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:467463
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.