Agnostic.com

85 9

Should women still act like women and men like men?

What I mean with this question is should the man be the one pursuing the woman and should women still be feminine and enjoying being courted?
Because of equality the lines have gotten so muddled that men sometimes feel insecure and women feel they have to be very strong. What is your guys take on it?

Lovewins 5 Mar 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

85 comments (76 - 85)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The instinct to pursue females is a male trait but many men, especially high IQ creative types, are androgyne, so have a weak predatory instinct. Mine is usually stronger than theirs since I'm highly male-ish.

I have to make myself let men court me, but when I'm in male mode, I don't waste time..just head straight for my goal if it's a woman.
But because I'm demisexual, I don't have any lust, so it's pointless in a way.

My hope is that if I'm with a woman love interest long enough the demisexual attraction will kick in for them, the same as it does for men.

Why would a woman have to ACT like a woman unless she wasn't sure she was a woman? why would a man have to ACT like a man unless he wasn't sure he was a man? and what does a woman or a man act like anyway? how do you define femininity? wearing makeup or heels? acting stupid so a guy can feel smart? some women are strong and others aren't as strong. the same is true of men. why does everyone have to follow the same path? if men feel insecure that a woman is strong, maybe that's just a little residual patriarchal privilege trying to be heard. i'd ignore it.

g

People should act in whatever way they are comfortable. Personally, I prefer "traditional" gender roles in my marriage.

What does it mean to be a woman? Does it mean to conform to rigid gender roles and gender norms? If I pursue a partner or do not like the trappings of femininity am I no longer a woman?
My take on it is you subscribe to conservative binary gender roles/norms and you have yet to realize that gender is a social construct, a performance and rather fluid, along a spectrum.

I love being pursued. If a woman has some degree of interest in me, I hate being expected to be a mind reader. I'm kind of androgynous in many ways as well. I'm attracted to "butch" women, not girly ones. I love women with body hair, etc. I don't mind paying for a date, but I don't think it should be expected of me just because of my anatomy. If we are atheists, we are unique individuals, right?

Don’t know what these roles entail, I act as my self, and let others classify the role

I like to think I'm egalitarian in sexual relationships. Of course, I am flattered when hit on by a attractive woman. However, as I think back on the relationships that have lasted in my life, I probably made the first move in most. All that being said, If you hit on me, I would probably respond in a positive way. 🙂

My guys say get it done and that's all my guys care about, being, as they are, basically one dimensional, metaphorically.

Who are your guys?

Which culture do you take as your model?

No, I would hate that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:46895
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.