Agnostic.com

7 3

LINK Vladimir Putin got one step closer to being Russian president for life - Vox

This is exactly what Trump keeps yammering about.

smh

SeaGreenEyez 9 Mar 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You have it exactly. I also watched world news where Putin addressed his parliment about proposed changes to the Russian Constitution. He told them exactly what he would accept and then said this was the will of the people. WTF?

So, Xi Jinping’s in the lead ...with Putin on his heels.. and trump bringing up the rear...

I don’t know what’s scarier, superpower dictators for life, or the latest killer virus 😕

Varn Level 8 Mar 12, 2020

Definitely the dictator s, especially for people living in their Countries 🙁

Yes, Trump yammers about. Trump wouldn't last a week as a dictator, his yammering is just more evidence of just how ignorant and immature he is. A dictator requires the absolute support of the military, the praetorian guard, etc. Trump is a con artist with a knack for self promotion who got elected POTUS by a fluke of history. He's surrounded himself with sycophants and yes men, not a good strategy for a dictator.

It’s amazing what the media and, ‘God’ can do. I truly hope that you’re right.

I'll make a more nuanced reply to this in awhile, got to watch Trump's Covid-19 address now. I suspect I will be underwhelmed by his leadership.

Did you see how breathless he was? First symptom & how, without a test, they differentiate from ordinary flu.

Yep! Fk them both.

Trump is taking notes for sure! 😕

Yes, but Putin has popularity ratings Trump can only dream of. He is, literally, the world's most popular politician. So no, no comparison to Trump.

I'm familiar with the new McCarthyism thank you. 🙂

@SeaGreenEyez His approval ratings have been from 80% to now rather low. My point is that lots of Russians like him, especially historically. Just because someone is an autocrat doesn't make them a monster or unpopular. The US is allied with plenty of regimes that make Putin look good, but because they are our toadies, that gets ignored. Putin isn't some world class monster, nor is he a threat to the US, McCarthyist propaganda to the contrary.

@Novelty I’ve heard him described as a little reptile.. Good call ~

@Druvius Does that have anything to do with his opposition disappearing? (She asks, somewhat fearful of asking such a thing in a public forum).

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:469370
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.