Agnostic.com

28 3

What countries have you traveled to?

I'm 19 now and I've traveled to Australia, USA, Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, France, Spain, England, Wales and UAE.

Where has everyone else traveled?

I think that travel exposes you to different cultures that can have an overall good effect on allowing you to think from different perspectives. A rare but important skill.

I have to be honest, I loved the USA because I was able to go shooting there and it was affordable. In Australia we have so many restrictions and laws, you can go shooting but it'll cost you an arm and a leg (just a joke). Plus in America Denny's was my all time favourite diner. Also there's this good place in California, it's a restaurant called the "white house" and it serves french food I think.

For those of you who think I'm some privileged, upper class snob or whatever then just know this. I've gone on Army exercises out into the Australian desert. I slept on jagged rocks and woke up with 40+ insect bites from the creatures of the night. Spiders, ants, snakes and other freaky critters. I rowed to an island where all we had to eat for 2 days was 1 block of shortbread and any fish we could catch with hand lines. We slept in the freezing cold using an improvised tent made of a tarp and boat oars.

So never assume that the so called "privileged" people don't know what it's like to have nothing. Just a hint for those social activists out there who jump to conclusions before they hear the argument.

Lancer 7 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You're sure jumping to conclusions regarding the members of this site; your last two paragraphs are nonsensical and make you sound like ... well ... a 19 year old.

I'm not a normal human in the way that I do not harbor prejudices. Unfortunately from what I've seen of the people of this site they can be (CAN BE, not are) quite emotional and aggressive with their opinions.

I assure you that for my age I am much more responsible and intelligent than the average human. I did not jump to conclusions, I merely stated a possible response and provided evidence to it.

This may be premature however I must ask you this. Do you think that we must provide strict attention to grammatical structure and use of vocabularies in order to share our personal experiences, our memories with one another on this site?

What is nonsensical about the things that I have done or the way I have lived?

Also that snide remark at the end was quite unnecessary as far as mannerisms and decency go. Not that it really matters how you present yourself in this forum.

You make a good point @AMGT I just over think things a bit too much.

Well, I live in the United States
Been to
Japan
Hong Kong (before it reverted back to China)
Thailand
The Philippines
Mexico
Canada

China, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Thailand, Laos, England, Scotland, Mexico, Costa Rica and Canada.

My favorites were Thailand and Japan.

wot wuz vietnam like? Just watched the doc. on the war on pbs 15 hours of it spread over 10 weeks . How a western person is even allowed to set foot there boggles my mind . I guess we can forgive other idiots

Vietnam was great. There are lots of mopeds, street stores, markets and great food, some were too spicy for me though. Vietnamese food is similar to a mix of chinese and thai food I think. It's oriental and spicy. If you do go, have a look at the 2-3 day cruises at halong bay. It was an unforgettable experience. My boat had 4 germans, 2 brits, 2 scottish and my family of 4. It was a great time.

About the ability of the Vietnamese people to forgive: There was a massacre at My Lai in which American soldiers slaughtered about 380 Vietnamese, mostly women, children, and elderly men (not soldiers). One of the US helicopter crews saw what was happening and landed their chopper between our soldiers an a group of Vietnamese huddled in a bunker. The lead officer of the crew told the American soldiers that if they continued to fire at the Vietnamese, he and his crew would fire on them, the American soldiers. The soldiers withdrew. The officer returned to that village 30 years later, and a Vietnamese woman asked him why he didn't bring some of the other soldiers with him. He asked, "Why?" She replied, "So that we could forgive them."

well done the person. !! I love travelling too. western europe in its entirety,yugoslavia turkey iran afghanistan pakistan india and back . morroc. jamaica bahamas mexico cuba states [ both seaboards] canada [ except sakatchewan , the north and newfounland] and finally thailand. the toughest i had to be was in the alps in november in summer clothes . A life moment

I have visited 15 countries....The best experience I ever had. I love my visits to all of them but Mexico, Spain, Thailand and New Zealand are the ones that impressed me the most.

France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Malta and Guatemala. That's more than about 90% of the population.

I agree that travel broadens the mind. I've travelled round most of western Europe, Thailand, South Africa, Swaziland, Gambia & plan to visit Cambodia next year. May even visit America or Canada at some point.

Sadly... only the US. I've driven to almost every state east of the Mississippi river. Thus far, traveling abroad has been beyond my ability, financially. I do plan on eventually traveling one day, when I get my shit together and can afford it. I'd love to save up enough to take a year or two off and travel around Asia.

If you ever go to Australia I recommend the Gold Coast during the summer. There are lots of amusement parks and it's great to go to white water world to cool off.

go see the Caribbean then the Mediterranean then it's your pick

Every country in South America, plus the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and the USA.

Italy, Japan, Saudi Arabia, France, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Ireland, Canada

Have been in Canada, Iceland, Scotland, Ireland, England, the Netherlands, Luxemburg, Belgium, and France. Spent over 2 and 1/2 years in Berlin, Germany and speak German fluently. Actually living in a different culture is a mind-clearing and mind-expanding experience. It gives one the distance from which to reflection on one's own culture without blinders on, and gives one different ways of thinking and viewing th world.

France (by way of Amsterdam and Zurich airports) and Canada.

Zster Level 8 Nov 22, 2017

France, Belgium and Croatia. I've also travelled considerably within my own country. London, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Liverpool and in various places across England, Scotland and Wales.

I've been to England, Scotland, Paris, Mexico, Quebec, most of the Caribbean, Cleveland, New York, and most of Florida

Canada, Mexico, Russia, Japan, Thailand, England, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg

I’ve traveled to China, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Belgium, Japan, Czech Republic, Germany, Italy, Canada and Holland. Of all the countries I’ve traveled in New Zealand is probably the most beautiful besides the good ole USA.
Lancer if you like to shoot next time your in the US maybe you can come by as I have a shooting range in my backyard and your welcome to shoot with me.

Definitely. I'll let you know next time I'm in the US. It'll depend on my university studies but i'm hoping to go on a vacation to the US either 2018 or 2019. I've got an IOU from my dad for a trip to the US. Since my sister got the offer and just took the money ????

Costa Rica, Chile, Peru, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, and Dominican Republic.

I have been to Australia, Indonesia, Kenya, Morocco, Canada, US, Mexico, England, Ireland, Wales, Scotland, France, Germany, Austria, Spain, Portugal, Monaco, Liechtenstein, Greece and Turkey. I also visited Yugoslavia, but if it were separate countries, I was in Croatia, Serbia, and Macedonia. I live in New Zealand.

Forgot, the Netherlands. And when I say Ireland, I mean both the north and south parts.

Did 20 years in US Navy. If I sit down with a map of the caribbean, africa, mediterranean sea, europe, north america, middle east, south america and arctic circle I may come close with a list. So what I am going to do is give you list where I had lived... not visited... Puerto Rico, United States, Spain, Greece and Germany. I got Fond Memories of the Fun I had in all those places. Good Question.

US, Canada, Mexico, Belize, Panama, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, England, Scotland, Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France, Spain, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Brazil, Japan, South Korea.

Which was your favourite?

@Lancer Favorite? That is a tough question. Traveling enriches a person on many levels permanently. Timing is important for every location. Do your research. Find some feature, antiquity, or cultural event that fascinates you. For example visit the the Bahamas when local festivals coincide with the best seasons for fishing and lobstering. Another example is visit Germany during the fall to enjoy great scenery while touring the Mosel river wineries for the best late harvest Auslese and of course Octoberfest for the beer.

A wise response. I will take your comment to heart ????????

presumption and assumption are the mother of all fuck-ups so I would never do that especially when I can just ask. anyway, what does privileged even mean really? rich people hang themselves and some very poor people are the happiest people I ever met.

I agree with you on the matter of the meaning of privilege.
I would guess that most people think privileged means someone who has financial stability and lives a generally good life with all of their basic needs met.

yes, I guess they would but not me as I'm not most sheeple. there is a huge difference between rich and enriched as there is human and humane or looking and seeing. we all fit in the same size grave after all so you own nothing really.

france, Belgium, Wales and Scotland.

I live in the USA and I have also been to Mexico and Canada.

From the USA, my first foreign country was Canada, then Mexico, and then Vietnam, but I didn't need a Passport. Then I started traveling in earnest, roughly in order... Bahamas, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, The Phillipines, Korea, China, Australia, New Zeland, England, France, Germany, Austria, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Holland, Belgium, Sweden, Brazil, India, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary and Vietnam (this time as a tourist). Now I live in Australia and traved to foreign destinations several times each year. Plans for 2019 include South Africa.

Wow. That's a lot.

I hear Cape Town in SA is amazing. My South African friends recommended it to me. They also said to about remote towns at risk of attacks and some parts of Johannesburg or Pretoria. Durban is alright from what they say.

Also you probably already know this but keep your eye on the SA political and social situation. It's very volatile at the moment.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4710
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.