Agnostic.com

4 0

Was I dead when I had no heart in me.

It was a short time, but for awhile I had no heart in my body, just a big hole as they prepared to implant my new (pre-owned) heart.

Cuz, I never had any religious moments, or saw any light. I went to sleep with a lot of machinery in my body, and none when done.

So, was I dead?

dtsid 1 Mar 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The definition of dead has changed with technology. It was once heart stopped but I think now it's more to do with brain activity and heart stopped if your body is at room temperature. Because apparently you can be really cold and look clinically dead. Damned if I know when you are dead according to religion because they have miracles that can bring you back. 🤣🤣

Nope. Your heart isn't your life. Your heart isn't who you are. Your brain/mind is what is important and that never stopped functioning. So, you were fine. You're not a zombie or a revenant. 😀

Maybe, but that Nothing you experienced is Exactly what I experienced twice when dead for a bit of time. Why do you expect anything else?

Most medical workers measure brain function as a way to evaluate if someone could live without machines. I'm assuming your brain was fine.

Well, they say that it is debatable. 🙂 However, things in my brain have changed after the transplant. Do, I think it was the new heart making me like different music because the donor was a musician? No. But, the drugs you have to take change you in many ways. When some people say that they like a certain food now that they did not before the surgery they always say that the donor liked the food. No, your taste buds get SOOO screwed up with the surgery (Mainly the Gas or Drugs to put you out) that every aspect of your life gets skewed.

The reason I say this is because it is kind of like religion. If I get saved from drowning, it is God's will or plan that I did not die. Could it also be there just happened to be an off-duty lifeguard on the beach that saw him? Reality is a touchable, replicable or mathematically proven existence. Period.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:471420
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.