Agnostic.com

15 1

I was just on my Facebook responding to a post on Roy Moore of Alabama-how he molested a 14 year old. Some yahoo comes after me-first with Bill Clinton-I respond -He comes after me again-telling me I must've been under the desk. After I told him to grow up he continued berating me. I promptly left FB and got on here to write my post. 1st time someone chased me off FB. Anyone else experience this?

sassygirl3869 9 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sorry you ran into a troll. I haven't ....yet, but will be more than happy to start a flame war. If you're more on the non-confrontational side, block 'em.

Listen to what Monika Lewinsky herself says:

Thank you for sharing the video. I always felt it was a simple crush on the boss. Amazing how it became a political football.

It is time to listen to Lewinski at a TED Talk.

@sassygirl3869 ?

I don't "friend" people on Facebook whom I don't know personally. Needless to say, I don't know that many rightwingers or religious types, so I don't get this kind of thing. Especially since I either unfriended or unfollowed the few I had on November 9 of last year. But I'm sorry you're having this experience.

Block’em good

Sounds like you attracted a "troll". Don't engage it is what they want. They push and push until you lose your temper then point out your flaws. If you can block or delete their posts do so if not ignore.

Although it's nice to see you here, don't ever let anyone chase you away again. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Nov 22, 2017

Facebook is a special animal. I love it but you have trolls and gaslighting. Anything about Trump is answered with Hillary and Obama. If you do not want people's healthcare to be taken away you must be liberal. It's plain to see that half the political talk on there is by people who don't (or can't) read. I doubt that they even watch the news.
With the clamor to have gun registration after this recent Florida school shooting my own daughters get involved in posts that simply are not true. Maybe they think they are protecting gun rights, IDK. People post that the shooting happened because god was taken out of schools. Prayer was taken out of schools, and the pledge of allegiance was taken out of schools. I don't know what it sounds like to you, but it's bullshit to me.
I posted and enlightened them on the separation of church and state and what it meant, etc. My oldest daughter answered and said "you have your belief and I have mine." NO. I have the articles of government and Constitutional amendments. It's not a belief or an opinion. Such are the ways of Facebook even within one family.

I share your viewpoint. The Bill of Rights and Constitution weren't half-hearted suggestions. They were intended to be the strong foundation for a stable and lasting country, minimizing the influences of fad, fervor, extremism, and demogoguery. It's tragic so many people zealously espouse ideas that are anti-Constitutional, all the while claiming to be patriots!

Why did you leave...shit I have so fun with those retards...FB has been suspended a few time for my remarks to assholes like that...

I actually blocked some friends because of obnoxious posts..

I never block trolls. I enjoy making them look like the dip shits they are waaaayyyy too much. I love it when a troll comes slinking on to my Facebook page. It makes me lick my chops and rub my hands together with glee.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Clinton lied about his affair with Monica, was impeached by the House and NOT convicted by the Senate. Roy Moore is denying his affairs with teenagers, as many are one dozen at this time. I believed Lewinski back then and the women today. Moore is a pig as are the numerous preachers now supporting him, justifying his actions as "biblically correct."

I don't play their game.. you could block them. No need for you to have to put up with that..

Yep, I said them a message thats quiet sarcastic but not be to offensive then block them, sometimes you get their friends trying to harass you or they set up another Facebook account. I just go, nice, I mean so much to you that you go to all this effort,I must mean a lot to you, blocked again. It's nearly always religious biggots, but sometimes just your average troll.

FB can be brutal. I've gotten countless threatening PMs for voicing my opinion. In the same way that many religions use fear to control, these trolls will use insults, threats and nonsensical argument to sway your conviction. Posting on Facebook comes with its own disclaimer. If you don't want to be met with resistance, don't post. I personally feel as if letting them silence me is letting them win in a sense. Or even letting them think that they won which can be just as dangerous because if they think that their harassment of you is working it only fuels the fire. So I continue to voice my opinion loudly. Even if the fact is that most of these people are not worth arguing with.

What really gets me worked up is when people assume that because I am not Christian that I am liberal. I'm a libertarian and can't stand Hillary Clinton but somehow every rebuttal has something to do with her emails which means nothing to me.

These are deflection tactics - and your original point is never answered. "argumentum ad hominem" has served me well when the bullshitters turn up.

"Whataboutism." attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument. It is rampant in every aspect to deflect "WHAT ABOUT HER EMAILS!"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4717
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.