Agnostic.com

2 5

LINK CA governor orders statewide stay-at-home lockdown in response to COVID-19

It has begun... at least in our state.
I think the entire nation will follow suit by Monday.

TheMiddleWay 8 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Time to stop getting all 'we have rights!!, The government is taking away our right to work, etc., etc.'. I have heard some crazy ass shit, the facts remain without limiting contact we do not have enough medical staff, hospital beds, ventilators and protective equipment to handle the number of potentially ill people.
Anything any elected official does will draw ire from one group or another.
There is a model as to how to control spread - China showed the world. Testing and quarantine work.
America is far behind the curve is will get very interesting.

@TheMiddleWay Sadly money is the new god. As more and more corruption is played out for Americans to see it will be interesting. I do not know if I'll be one of those left standing.

@TheMiddleWay No actually I do not think this world wide health crisis is a government conspiracy. The response on the federal level is to protect the wealthy. CA residents are a mixed bag of people I was trying to point out I have heard some really crazy stuff from some in CA. We the people can change that if we wake up but moving on from this will take the work of all of us. I am curious why or how it is I gave the impression I thought it was a conspiracy. I happen to agree with your comment, "The right for my elderly parents to live far outweigh the right for you to work."

@TheMiddleWay THAT was what I actually heard a guy from CA say, it really gauled me, so my bad for not using the correct quote marks. The world is happy I am not writter. 🙂

@TheMiddleWay Just an example of one person who thought her right to work trumped others.
Wasn't feeling too anxious until yesterday. The demographi​c of Kittitas County; 45,000 over all and 19,500 in Ellensburg​. 3 weeks ago there were 2 people positive in Upper county and they had had no contact around here, self quarantini​ng. 10 days ago we had a positive (number 3) from a person who had close contact with a person known by the county health department​ but who was not a county resident who was sick with COVID-19. That contact had been 5- days before he became ill and tested positive. So from 3/9 til 3/13 when #3 tested positive there was no quarantine​ of #3 because he had no symptoms but it was KNOWN he had contact with an ill non resident person. During those non quarantine​d 5 days #3 had contact with someone who then worked at the elementary​ school in Ellensburg​. That person is now #4 and tested positive on 3/17 and has exposed 517 students and an unknown number of staff. Those exposed are being ASKED to stay home and will not even be tested til and if they show symptoms. Sort of scared and really fucking pissed off. The lock down that China did worked, they had their first day this week with no new infections​. Italy did not heed and they are really in a mess. The U.S. trajectory​ is now similar to Italy. The very small hospital in Ellensburg​ can not handle the number that could possible need help caused by the one exposure.
On the plus side I did get out for a bike ride yesterday and checked on the vegie garden. There is a lovely community garden associated​ with the University​ in town - CWU and the plots are FREE!!

It's getting interesting folks...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:472855
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.