Agnostic.com

4 9

Uplifting Stories Emerging From the Coronavirus Pandemic

I especially love Quarantined Trumpeter Plays Unforgettable Rendition Of John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’.

Reminds me of my father. Dad was a professional jazz trumpeter from age 14- he lied about his age to get into the Musician's Union- until age 51 when he died of cancer.

Dad kept a pocket trumpet in his car's glove box. Stuck in traffic, he got out and played for drivers. People loved it.

During a family vacation, Dad suddenly stopped the car. He walked to a fence and serenaded cows in a farmer's field. Hearing the music, the cows lifted their heads and ambled over to the fence to him.

We kids laughed, delighted.

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sweet

Such a beauti ul story about your dad, you must be so proud o him,sounds like he was a antastic ather

@RoyMillar

Thank you. Dad had a great sense of humor. So did my Mom.

Did you mean "fantastic father"?

The f is not working very well on my one computer ,so use your imagination to fill in the blanks

People are great. Unfortunately some of them metamorphosise into politicians, lawyers and estate agents! ....
..... not to mention evangelists, especially of the TV variety.

You forgot evangelists.

@Fernapple I shall rush to correct my serious omission as soon as I have finished grovelling before you.

Very cool

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 21, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:473495
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.