Agnostic.com

6 16

My 50 year-old Christmas Cactus blooms from October to April.

At age 17, I started this Christmas Cactus from two cuttings in Michigan. Graduated from the Univ. of Michigan. At 21, this (then smaller) plant moved to Washington State with me in the overhead bin of an airplane.

"It's my longest relationship," I joke. A "Thanksgiving" type Christmas Cactus, it blooms for six months each year.

Last October, the first burst of bloom had over 165 flowers.

All winter long, flower buds form where the plant faces the window. When they blossom, I turn the flowers toward the living room. More flower buds form against the window.

On it goes. My healthy, spunky plant!

It gives me joy.

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Gives me joy as well. Just spectacular. I have plants that are 40 years old & I don't know what to do with them when I move as they are massive. Yucca, dracina reflexa, & my elephant foot or ponytail was a 3 inch plant when I bought it & now it is 8 feet tall, the base is 16 inches across. I have way too many plants but less than before.

I love that! I have had one in the past and how I loved it! Thanks for posting!

I would think this is a means to be grounded. I have moved so much in my life that the important things would have liked to have kept were either lost or broken. Kind of gives me the feeling of discontinuity. I am glad you have that in your life. And it is a thing of beauty, not bad.

That's beautiful

Have always loved that beautiful plant,So happy one has had the pleasure of sharing the beauty and joy it brings to you for so long

They are beautiful and one of my favorite plants.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:475253
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.