Agnostic.com

21 15

LINK A company in Texas wants to dock paychecks for those receiving stimulus checks

The company would also take half of the $500 allotted for dependents under the bill.

Employees would have their paychecks between April 6 and April 20 cut by 100% of any money received under the stimulus bill.

It would also allow the company to continue the salary cuts indefinitely.

"The deduction will happen as many times as the government decides to make these types of distributions," the company stated

The anonymous employee who notified an investigative reporter wanted to bring awareness because if one company does this it’s possible other companies will, too.

The employee wonders what the implications will be for not signing the agreement but said he will not sign it, despite the chance he could lose his job over it. The company wasn't named but they apparently make multi-millions in profit.

Update: "AUSTIN (KXAN) – The company behind a plan last week to cut some of its employees’ paychecks if the $2-trillion COVID-19 stimulus bill was approved has now changed its mind."

"The company went unidentified until the company sent KXAN a statement Monday. The statement was sent from a public relations company on behalf of ImageNet Consulting. The statement was attributed to the company’s president, Pat Russell."

ImageNet Consulting: "While there was uncertainty about the federal government response, we also asked a small group of employees to reduce their compensation by an amount equal to any government support they received,” Russell wrote in the statement. “Our intentions were to serve the greater good and protect our most vulnerable employees. However, we understand our plan was ill-advised. We have rescinded the potential program, and we apologize for any pain or confusion it caused.” [kxan.com]

VictoriaNotes 9 Mar 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sounds about right for this hell hole called TexASS!

It is a national company.

@WilliamFleming Yes, and they know they can get away with crap like this in Texas because Texas doesn’t care What corporations do in the state.

Chances are, they will get their own subsidies on top of that, greedy bastards. I bet their upper management won’t give a dime of their salary back.

MONEY over people! This cononavirus is no where near contained and already ‘the squeeze’ has started! This Country want end up in just a recession...the social order will be in tatters!

That company is greedy and morally bankrupt.

Pure capitalism rejects morals and ethics, doesn't it?

@bingst That is why pure or laissez faire capitalism cannot be tolerated.

Poor, unfortunate USA. Condemned to the worst aspects of unrestrained capitalism. My condolences to the sufferers.

I don't see how this is at all legal. It's outrageous. What the government decides to -directly- give anyone is between the government and the person, and it's none of an employer's business.

I hope AG Barr gets wind of this and takes action against that company, but I'll not hold my breath.

Kidding, right?

@Mofo1953 Do you mean about AG Barr? I heard it reported that he's going after price-gougers, so maybe there's a chance.

@bingst how is salary retention price gouging?

@Mofo1953 I meant that if he'll go after price-gouging, maybe he would also go after this company. I didn't mean the two were directly related.

@bingst good luck with that!

FFS

That's some serious bullshit, right there.
Another reason why "at-will" or "right to work" practices must be stopped.

The company should be publicly outed, and suffer the consequences.

Makes the whole stimulus concept pointless .

@Gwendolyn2018 corporation's imposing a windfall tax on their worker is illegal fraud

@Gwendolyn2018 frankly many on the job victims do not complain so corporations don't change their minds thus cheat workers EXTRA

Can't believe this employee. How ungrateful to not realize that the purpose of such a thing is so that companies don't have to pay them. Welfare is for companies, not people. Sheesh! (Yes, I am a fan of Swift's A Modest Proposal)

WTF, these money-grubbing low-life pond scum need to hung out to dry ASAP.

Class action lawsuit?

I don’t see how Texas being a right-to-work state has much to do with it. Employees are perfectly free to form unions, but no one can be forced to join unions against their will.

It’s a national company. I wonder if they are pulling this trick other places They should be named.

They can fire any employee who doesn't go along with their intentions.
If their "agreement" isn't signed, they can terminate those who refuse to
sign it, without repercussions.

Forming unions is MUCH harder to do than most people think, especially in
"right to work" states.
Union-busting, while supposedly illegal, goes on all the time and nothing is
done to stop it.
I saw it happen in two different hospitals where I worked, in two different states.

This is the third time I've heard about this since the announcement of government checks being issued.
The company has yet to be publicly named, so there's no telling if this
is true or not.
The company must be named, and the plan verified. Otherwise, it's just another rumor, and just another distraction.

Sooo texas

That is Texas.

That is why so many here are trying to turn Texas Democratic Blue!

The obstructionist republican fascists have too much power while their are over Five million without any form of healthcare!

Not enough money for teaches or schools yet having the highest oil income of all the states.

It is cheap to live in parts of Texas if you are not from here!

The obstructionist republicans Fascist cater and are owned by the fossil fuels industry, Southeast Texas is nothing but one big toxic dump!

The Lt.Governor stated all the old people would gladly sacrifice themselves for their children and grandchildren to save the economy!

Well, Texans chose their republitard dominated executive, legislative and by extent, judicial. Same like we chose Trump in 2016 with both legislative and thus judicial. Luckily Congress changed 2 years after. As the saying goes "people get the government they deserve" so we chose what we now have, can't complain much, but can do something about it in November.

@Bobby9 tell me about it when you see a similar report from NY. You won't.

@Bobby9 the whole USA has similar laws, the US is a free employment country. people can hire you or fire you at a whim unless you are unionized, my point obviously did not refer to the law at all, it referred to the type of politicians you elect and how some more likely than others will make your life miserable, which historically have been the republitards, you know it and history knows it. And the word is irrelevant not irrelevent.

@Bobby9 really? Take a look at your "few southern states" don't bother me with your false crap any longer.

@Bobby9 learn how to read you dumb ass, I said similar not the same, do you know english? Fuck off whiner.

@Bobby9 yes bitch, like Michigan is a southern state. It's not my map you stupid moron, it's an official map that you're trying to deny. Suck my dick you whiny little bitch!

Corporations greed rarely lets up backs down from public outrage

Just amazing

Thank you for the update, Victoria! Nice how they tried to make themselves out as some sort of Robin Hood to try to lessen the damage of this unethical (and possibly illegal) plan.

dkp93 Level 8 Apr 6, 2020

That should be illegal, but probably isn't.

anyone else thing this might be a case to expand the second amednment's perview to protect libvery anmd freedom from tyranny? Maybe it's time to make the second amednment cover corporations as well as government?

No.. It's a case for the courts... We can't just expand amendments this easily..

I don't believe thus is an ignorant comment. the second amendment was meqnt to allow tge public to defebd itself against tyranny. At the time of it's writing it was imagined government would be tge source if tyranny.

Well today we have giant corporations tgqt are effectively imposibg tyranny on American workers. If get second amednment was meant to defend liberty from tyranny then maybe it follows that if giant corporations are foibg to effectively impose tyranny on millions of Americans then tge sexobd amendment should apply to them.

@Techpriest the regulations set in place for Corp have been crippled. So it is still the governments responsibility to protect us. But that is not a viable expectation with this Administration! How many laws are waiting over in the Senate as we write? A large number that I do not recall!

Freedompath the corporations have bought tge government thanks to citizens united. They more or less control tge government abd write the laws abd regulations. I think it's time to consider going after tge corporate dictators directly.

@Techpriest gangster Cuomo has already made 8 bullets illegal in New York ....what happened to Spelcheck pal ? Corporations have been waging tyranny since1492 wacichu .....join the Green Party to fight Cuomo making dissent & BDS illegal next are all PARTIES outside the duopply

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:477506
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.