Agnostic.com

8 16

Made a mask for my daughter

My daughter chose this fabric for pants when she was eight. Purple was her favorite color. Sewing clothes for Claire, I let her help pick out fabric.

Today I made Claire a mask from scraps of the same fabric. To eliminate air gaps, I sewed florist wire inside navy bias tape over her nose on the flip side. Sewed tiny stitches to stop the wire ends from poking through.

It has lightweight, fusible interfacing inside. Pre-washed and dried the fabric so it's machine-washable.

"Perfect mom!!! Thank you!! I feel so loved!" Claire replied after I texted her a picture.

The CDC will be recommending that all Americans wear masks around people to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus.

"Don't buy surgical masks," a CDC spokesperson said today in an interview on National Public Radio. "There is a national shortage. Clinics and hospitals badly need surgical masks. Use homemade masks, instead."

How to Sew a Medical Mask with Ties

[video.search.yahoo.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well done

That's beautiful! Great idea to sew some for family members!

We have a trend here in Hawaii for making "Aloha Masks" and even the mayor posted a video on how to make some without sewing. He's asking our residents to show aloha to each other by not sharing our droplets.

I still have my sewing machine out from some mending, and might make a few masks this weekend.

Good idea about the florist wire! Not sure if I have kind of wire. It might be that all I have are pipe cleaners, but maybe I can use them in a removable fashion. I also like the option of an opening for a filter to be slipped in. So, I'll experiment and send some to my family members in Washington! Thanks for the idea!

@Julie808

You can buy thin florist wire in any store that has a craft section. Pipe cleaners are too short.

I used lightweight Pellon fusible interfacing between the fabric layers. Unfortunately, Joann's Fabrics is out of interfacing and most bias tape. "We can't keep up with the demand," a cashier said.

Mask: 10" long by 7" wide

Ties: 22" long

[video.search.yahoo.com]

good taste !

Protect her! The babies are so precious 😊

Cool fabric

god looking Mask

Very good

Nice!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:479001
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.