Agnostic.com

24 1

Have you ever: lied to your parents?

Do your kids lie to you?

atheist 8 Apr 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fuck yes its part of growing up and living.

maybe

Oh, yes. Anyone who says otherwise is likely lying.

I have never met anyone who has not lied to their parents.

Yes. Question should be 'have you never lied to your parents.'

godef Level 7 Apr 1, 2018

Yes, I've lied to my parents. I learned quickly that lies preceed lies. It got taxing and it just feels better to tell the truth.

Gohan Level 7 Apr 1, 2018

Of course..especially as a teen..

ROFLMAO.....is this a real thing?

As a child yes, as an adult no. (To Thy Self Be True is ME motto.)

Nena Level 6 Apr 2, 2018

@atheist It took ME a while, but I think I finally did it.

Yes to my parents, my kids just make me realise how bad I was at lieing. They tell me the same thing I told my parents that I'm sure they told their parents. I'm surprised more that my parents let me get away with it.

I kind of had to. My whole life was a big web of lies to stop my narcissistic mother bringing the whole house down around us.

Of course. It should be obvious in that I'm still alive.

Boy does this raise some memories ! As a child, I spent lots of time wandering the streets, getting into mischief and generally getting home late. My Mother always had a 1 inch wide leather strap ready for all occasions, which she loved using with a frenzie which even at my age I viewed with knowing suspician. [ she was a brethren convert with a mean tight mouth ], and Being rather late on this occasion I had to fabricate a very convincing story along with the appearance of lots of excitement in order to try to evade a thrashing which always terrified me..............................................................................................................................................
There was an aerial photographic business here in Hastings NewZealand , with a monospar aircraft which I chose to use as a suitable boost to my lies. When I got home I threw open the door and with much excitement and flushed appearance [ no doubt,] I proclaimed that I had been given a ride in the monospar aircraft at the aerodrome. My mother was suitably convinced and entirely forgot about the hiding.
But my smart arse brother sneered back " you haven't been for a ride in an aeroplane.!!.......... my mother replied " of course he has," you only had to see the look on his face to know that !!!
There is a very interesting post script to this occasion, in later years I was offered a position in this company and spent over 20 years as a photographic processor, so I eventually got my ride in the aeroplane, but by this time it had been replaced by an Aero Cammander.

I was terrible as a teenager, so yeah. I probably lied more than I told the truth.

As a child, yes, but only a couple of times.

@atheist Not to bad.

yes as a kid

Lying was living. My siblings and I avoided the truth at all costs and sometimes still got beat. The truth will not always set you free!

Yup! And yup!

Yep re my parents, yes my daughter has lied to me, my son maybe not.
He is very assertive and would do something he knew I would be against, then later come and tell me of it and accept his punishment. Then again, I never lied to my kids.

Yes to both.
I think every kid lies to their parents at some point.

My blood parents weren't around that much when I was a teenager. Which I would say was the climax of my lying.

Yes and yes

@atheist no, but we are great minds that think alike lol

Many times. I came from an abusive christian home. I lied to just avoid being physically and sexually abused. Unfortunately, it happened anyway when my lie was discovered.

Yes I have 🙂 and not than I'm aware but I suspect the odd porky does get by me 🙂

@atheist Yes it is a Britism but for a little lie not a whopper lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:48159
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.