Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Donald Trump Signs Order Encouraging U.S. To Mine The Moon For Minerals

This is very ridiculous, as the costs to go to the moon would make the recovery of minerals totally unprofitable. It's like paying a million dollars to receive just ten dollars back.

snytiger6 9 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This isn't Star Trek, where it's easy to get to every moon or planet.

The Moon appears to have Helium-3 in abundance, which might be very useful for fusion power. We also need to be able to mine water on the Moon at some point, just for use as water, hydrogen, and oxygen for Moon bases and such. Not a crazy idea, other nations like China and India are looking into it. Timing is a bit odd, one would think Trump might have other priorities now.

This is from the Onion, right?

RIGHT?????

Nope. It's Newsweek. I thought when i first read the headline it would be satire too. But nope. It's real.

My only real consolation is I'll now know the answer to one of the questions on "Wait, Wait, Don't tell Me", the NPR news quiz show.

@snytiger6 We're not even through one bit of batshit fucking crazy and he's already on to the next bit of batshit fucking crazy. He's just a busy little rabid bunny, ain't he?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:482387
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.