Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Stephen Wolfram’s proposal aims for a fundamental theory of physics | Science News

Genius... or madness?

I LOVE graph theory and it's more abstract bigger brother, Category Theory. As this tracks along those lines, I'm very interested in it. Very skeptical as to the results just yet... after all, just because you have a math model doesn't mean it corresponds to reality and there have been no tests that show this model is right or better than the one we have. But it's exciting and heady stuff all the same and I've been aware (not really following, just aware) of Wolframs projects for almost 20 years, ever since he put out his last magnum opus.

TheMiddleWay 8 Apr 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fascinating!

Suppose Wolfram achieves his goal and discovers a process that models reality. It would be an enormous accomplishment, and there would be a lot of spin-off, but on a basic level would that mean that we truly understand reality? I suspect not but don’t really know.

Cool

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 14, 2020

Good to see something positive going on and people still following their passions!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:484640
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.