Agnostic.com

16 5

Ever wonder what possesses a religious person to come onto an Agnostic/Atheist site and pretend that they aren't religious in an effort to get people to come back to god? I don't understand it either because as an Atheist, I never go to their religious websites and try to get them to renounce their delusional beliefs, it's not good to poke the crazies with a stick.
Why do these people insist on coming to Agnostic.com and why do they think they will blend in?

Surfpirate 9 Apr 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Because they fear they’re wrong ... and assume, if they can sway any of the most intelligent, best educated and most honest people on the planet … that millisecond of satisfaction is worth the effort 😉 Let em fish - then yank em in!

Varn Level 8 Apr 16, 2020

Don't see many, it must be the way each persons preference settings are set.

I've tangled with a couple. They fit in like a turd in a punchbowl.

The concept of "witnessing", unfortunately

I have yet to come across any on this site. They maybe think it's easy pickings for the tokens needed at those pearly gates they can't wait to get into. Convert some heathens get a token? 🙂

Who? Such people should be outed, if the case is made. I have suspected that a few so called agnostics here fall into that category and I have called them out as pseudo religionists. John Lennon put it well: 'One thing you can't hide, is when you're crippled inside.' As to why, it's obvious. Religious people get self confirmation when they feel they are infecting others.

There have been a couple of awful ones over the course of my time here and several seem to just set up another account and come back for another round of inanity, so I don't know how much it helps to out them, they seem to be pretty good at outing themselves. 🙂

@Surfpirate I call them the 3 amigos 😂

I think you should treat them as spammers and have fun wasting their time - [ted.com]

Some tactics might include telling them you're interested in theism but want to consider all the other gods on offer. You could then ask enough questions that you're essentially applying the Socratic method. They might even end up questioning their own faith. That worked for Mr Deity who is an ex-Mormon - and now spends his days poking fun at religious bogosity.

You are going to lose them at Socratic but I get it, trolling the troll, especially in times like this when so many have extra time on their hands. 😀

@Surfpirate the first rule of socratic method club is never mention the socratic method, just keep asking the questions 🙂

It’s part of some belief systems to convert others, whereas with a non belief system, such as atheism, there is no such obligation unless individuals choose to do so for their own reasons, like Richard Dawkins.

That said, I don’t remember seeing any on this site. The occasional scammer will pose as a believer sometimes, but I don’t know of any authentic religious proselytizers for literal god belief here.

skado Level 9 Apr 15, 2020

Yup

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 15, 2020

I haven’t seen but a few actual church-type proselytizers and they didn’t last long.

Some of us like to discuss metaphysical topics. Is that what you mean? A diversity of perspectives is what makes a forum.

Cute

They think they know best and need to lead us to the “right” path. I’d rather claw out my eyes than visit one of their sites.

I haven't seen any (yet) that actually LIE in their profile about non/belief.
I have no problem confronting those who proselytise. 😮 😛

It's the ones that are always asking leading questions that only someone from a faith background would ask that make me laugh the most. It's like going to a high school reunion and realizing that most of the people there haven't changed a bit, but you have so it is so obvious.

@Surfpirate exactly . Every f time . I wanna vomit every x . Over and over , let it go grandpa Moses , we get it , u love religions more than u want to admit 😂.
They are laughable .

They love us and want us all to be saved! Till they curse us with eternal damnation, of course, but it's our own fucking fault for being born.

Can't be a martyr if you don't walk into the lions den.

1of5 Level 8 Apr 15, 2020

Such a convoluted outlook on life, maybe that;s why they are so confused?

To bring Jebus, the savior into their Godless lives.

Oh that Jebus, he's a sly one. 😉

Yeah, it's weird. I avoid their sites like the plague [no pun intended], I have better things to do than look at that crap.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:485232
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.