Agnostic.com

4 1

When I am explaining about Atheists, Many People are not ready to listen but due to Covid-19 ,All religious places are completely Shut down and many of them accepting reality..... Atheists will grow more... Thank You Corona

Dinni 2 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have both felt, and assumed the same.. Many doubt there will be serious change, not me. The Children will remember… Where’s ‘god?’ they’re likely asking … then noting for perhaps the first time, those they’ve trusted, lie to their face.

Varn Level 8 Apr 17, 2020

Well, this is an interesting issue, but it needs a little parsing, in my view. Usually, catastrophes work to religion's advantage. But this is different. No good flocking to churches now. God's "House' will not save you. God and Jesus won't turn up either. (They never do.) This terrible virus has brought home how fundamentally important science is, and how impotent religion is, in my view. But the real issue, in my humble view, will be the impact on the young, eg Millennials. We know from research that secularism and apatheism is rife amongst the younger groups. This experience has been a further wake up call for them, namely how irrelevant religion is when the chips are really down; how important facts, evidence, science and reason are instead. It is hard to say, but I am looking forward to reading research in the future about the impact of this virus on their thinking and behavior. I do not believe it will be in religion's favour. Also to mention the appalling behaviour of evangelical religions in America, especially during this crisis. Real colours revealed. Rampant hypocrisy.

Hello and welcome to the site. Do check out the groups if you have time. I am not sure that I agree with you about the long term effects of Corona, people tend to have short memories and soon revert to old habits.

This isn't how I wanted to grow!

But, I suppose that there's no harm in seeing a silver lining on the cloud...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:485715
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.