Agnostic.com

5 0

Bill had a great interview with a very astute Conservative from Texas. Please watch before you comment? But I'm interested in feedback....this was excellent and informative, to me;

Robecology 9 Apr 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bill rolled over in deference to the man's service? It was very odd imo.

Bill knows how to "welcome" conservatives. I wouldn't call it "rolling over" but he did seem to bow to his opinions. If you watch the whole show...or his "new rules" you see that he's still a progressive/liberal...not rolling over to any conservative opinion.

It's called emotional blackmail. But in truth, Bill wasn't prepared, that's all.

I definitely felt Maher had a bad day. Crenshaw is dangerous. I do hope Bill interviews him again as promised and the outcome is different.

I have to agree. His best weapon with Bill was his calmness. Bill wasn't quite ready for it... we want those guys to be obvious raving lunatics. Good example for us all.

I definitely felt Maher had a bed day.

I saw it. His conservative spin was:

Trump doesn't lie, he justs projects 'positive' because that's what marketing people do. (rationalization).

The Democrats are just as bad. (false equivalence)

I don't agree with all Trump's actions, but look how great he has been at the economy! (Well, before the virus) (false equivalence, evasion)

How could Trump have handled COVID-19 better? What is he, a fortune teller? (blatantly false, given facts)

I'm a veteran, so be nice and don't challenge my thinly disguised right wing views too much. (emotional blackmail)

In my view, though I'm a great fan of Bill Maher, he wasn't up to this interview. A better progressive doing a deconstruction of this guy's smiley devious apologism for Trump was needed.

Sadly - I concur. Crenshaw was snarky and sharp, Maher was - as you said so well....not "up to this interview".

Rep. Crenshaw is a “free market” supporter of employer-based insurance and healthcare as a profit center. The coronavirus has exposed these systems to be a death knell for America—which we already knew. But his donors, comprised of private insurance and healthcare corporations, not to mention oil, banking, prison, and war industries, demand more and more at the expense of millions of lives. But if sounding measured and reasonable is the measure, then he wins. While the rest of us lose.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:486239
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.