Agnostic.com

7 0

LINK Are LED Light Therapy Facials Too Good to Be True?LED Light Skin Therapy

This skin treatment is FDA and NASA approved. Still, any kind of light on my face sounds scary. What do you guys think?

UrsiMajor 8 Apr 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ok - botox is technically FDA approved... That' s a big deal for me. But no way in hell am I injecting some bacteria's toxin into my face. Nope.

I know the Surgeon General had to put a warning eventually on cigarettes - but they didn't know from the start that cigarettes caused cancer.. I hope that someday someone doesn't discover the LED stuff causes cancer just like too much UV light...

Okay. I watched the NASA video. THEN I looked at the link above. It's the usual bullshit. NASA hasn't approved any of that, and the device there is unlikely to a)be like the one NASA is using and b)properly tested. Stay away.

I am not even sure that wavelength can even penetrate skin. FDA and/or NASA, still sounds like a "good" bussines oportunity for someone but not necessarily a real value added.... Of course I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last one either. Cheers !!

Yes, it is probably true. Something like electronic snake oil it is not, but I wouldn't buy into all the hype presented in this article. It also doesn't appear that the device as shown would have anywhere near the power of the NASA handheld instrument. The treatment has been in use for some time by NASA and the military.

[spinoff.nasa.gov]

[nasa.gov]

All aboard the woo woo train. Will have to look into it but just a quick read and it just stinks if woo catchphrases and to good to be true stuff

Don't know much about them. Would have to do more research and gather some facts

Don't know much about them. Would have to do more research and gather some facts

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:48651
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.