Agnostic.com

5 3

It is dumb to blame China, or any country for the epidemic. We are all in this together, our origins, race, etc . . . .
I consider myself a World Citizen first, an American second.

Archeus_Lore 7 Apr 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

THANKS WELL PUT- ,,,folks that are insecure are ALWAYS
grabbing at STRAWS,,,you show level headedness
I rather that in crisis !!‼
The human race will face problems ;
It has in the PAST ; how we cope MATTERS
respectfully

Casting blame is counterproductive. Finding the source and learning from it is essential not only for this one but many others to come. It is only if the case can be made that a government knew exactly the danger and outcomes and refused to act. This being said. No sane govenrment would knowingly destroy their economy and country on purpose. So there may be issues with China but they don't have the vast numbers of religious zelots bent on endangering everyone. If we wish to point fingers we should do it at a mirror. Perhaps it would be better to do what we can to improve the situation and prevent others on a global scale. Or we could just point fingers and feel better about outselves.

While we can criticise the Chinese government's handling of the crisis initially, that's the corrupt authoritarian government of that country. As to the virus, I also wrote in a post a while back that ultimately where these come from is still a mystery. The 1918 Spanish Flu may have originated in the US. Do we blame America? No. I got dumped on in the post by people saying that, supposedly, all these people predicted years ago a virus would come from that part of China. Ok, fine. They are fortune tellers.

Would that this were the common sentiment. 😔

I have hope ; I was thinking of calling & ordering
fast food ( al la ASIAN) just to defend the innocent.
We have to make a difference where we can .
Ignorance has always been here/ we gotta remove the
power of the venom displayed by hate.

I wish more people thought that way.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:487545
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.