Agnostic.com

3 1

Some encouraging words from the folks who know about viruses and stuff.

[huffpost.com]

evidentialist 8 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What's "encouraging" about it? You could boil the whole thing down to, "We're all gonna die, and Toto too!"

Well-l-l-l-l ... maybe not quite that extreme, but yeah, we are in the deepest part of the doo-doo pool right now.

How odd that conservatives don't agree with conservationists?

@Philip21 -- We're not dealing with conservative ideology here. This is nothing less than pure greed raping the land and ripping off the populace. Government doesn't need to be larger to maintain the National Park System. A small office in DC would do. Yes, there are quite a few people employed by the parks. If the parks are opened for other uses and the staff reduced, why, that's more money for 'other' stuff. Gut the EPA and that frees up more bucks for 'other' things. And on it goes. Then there's the potential for kickbacks from use of the lands and 'other' things.

@evidentialist my intent was to point out the disparity between the words and their proponents. You are spot on as to the details, i was just being playful.

Very "encouraging".

@Petter -- I never use symbols or phrases indicating that what is about to be said or what has been said is or was done in a way sarcastic. I figure the smart folks, such as yourself will pick up on it immediately and those who don't are more than likely not going to make the grade anyway. 😛

@evidentialist Having been an editor/proprietor for many years I rapidly realised that the majority of my readers required subtle hints to ensure that the true meaning of what I had written was hammered home. It seldom needed to exceed 4lbs in weight.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:488302
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.