Agnostic.com

5 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm not taking up nicotine again to maybe get a side benefit. No way no how.

Stuff is horrible to detox from.

And frankly taking a poison to prevent a virus? Just no.

It's also far more likely that some behavior of the smokers -like going out to smoke in sunlight - thereby boosting their Vitamin D - was the preventative.

I have often wondered if there were some benefits to smoking. Tobacco use has been common over much of the world for a very long time. You’d think that if smoking has only negative results, its use would have been eliminated long ago through natural selection.

Possible benefits:

A way to keep a fire going.
A way to keep mosquitoes away.
A medicine to kill parasites in the digestive tract.

And now we learn that smoking kills viruses. Maybe the government should give everyone a free box of cigars.

I doubt that... Sounds like trump-think to me...

I wonder if niacin (nicotinic acid) would be just as effective.

[ods.od.nih.gov]

Well now I've heard everything. I have read that those with weakened lungs often succumb to this virus. Last I heard, smoking is not real beneficial to the lungs.

The world has truly gone crazy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:488466
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.