Agnostic.com

8 8

Are you better off now than you were in 2016?

HippieChick58 9 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm better off now, but not because of anything Trump has done. I seem to pay more taxes after his tax cuts, but that could also be from raises at work.

DPB13 Level 3 Apr 26, 2020

I'm retired with a relatively fixed income except for the Airbnb room. That means inflation affects my lifestyle. The oil glut means gasoline and electricity are cheaper for me right now so I'm actually better off My Airbnb vacancy rate is close to 90%. I hosted a lady last weekend but I've had 3 cancelations. I consider incone from that enterprise as gravy Instead of a necessity.

In what context. Financially, health care, work/life balance, other things?

Any of them that are affected by the political system in the US.

Umm, <looks sheepishly at feet> yes

Nothing to do with the asshat pretending like he's running the country though. I like it when everyone's better off, and that fucker has no concept of that.

1of5 Level 8 Apr 25, 2020

Four years older and deeper in debt. No soul to owe to the company store

That triggered some memories.

@HippieChick58 Thanks. I loved hearing it.

The Great Again has sailed. 4 ➕ years ago.

Same ol', same ol' for me. My town didn't really recover from the Dumbya crash.

At the moment? No.

Varn Level 8 Apr 25, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:489198
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.