Agnostic.com

33 6

How do you guys rest/relax your brain when tired?

AbramH85 6 Apr 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Masturbation always clears me out...hehe

Wow, but true!??

you know that causes poor vision and a tilted head, right?....usually to the left 🙂

@Emme ain't it though?..???

@SeeCanU does it cause AMD???

@SAGECOACH. I have AMD..they don't know why as I was diagnosis 3 years ago..could it have been all those years of self abuse...er ..pleasure?

lol.. i dono but i wake up and can't see even with my glasses sometimes.

@SeeCanU I have that same problem

@SeeCanU

@SAGECOACH it was catlic..sooo..I kinda need both..

@SAGECOACH and you Promised to Never TEEELLLLL!!!! HEATHEN!

@SAGECOACH that's "deep-seated."
Charter member of POEM.

Hold my head under water for at least 20 minutes. Epsom salts help.

LJ49 Level 4 Apr 2, 2018

so relaxed your dead. are you a ghost or an elephant seal?

@LeighShelton Actually, I'm a fry-cook on Venus.

me too but on Uranus so don't scratch it lol

Hot bubble bath, a couple glasses of wine, guided meditation, Cannabis, Ambien.

Side note: My son says just close your eyes and pretend you are sleeping and you'll just fall asleep. If only!!!

Pot

Shower. Masturbation. Joint. Beers. Whiskey.

Sometimes I mix up the order.

Weed helps. 🙂 maybe some grateful dead

I take a nap!

Turn of all electronic devices 30 minutes before going to bed. Electronics stimulate you and interfere with sleep.

Meditation. Yoga. Deep breathing. Exercise during the day. Read before bedtime.

Hiking is a transcendent, uplifting experience for me. It engages all of my senses. Most importantly, it calms my busy mind. I feel most centered and grounded in the mountains.

Relax my brain?

*Nervous chuckle

Or think about things like this: Jews slaughter and eat the Passover Lamb, why don't Christians do the same with the Easter Bunny?? Well, it would make Easter a lot more interesting....

ambien...otherwise i'll be thinking of a song and singing and singing it in my head for hours and hours and hours....i have excellent hearing so when i finally get to sleep - if i hear a noise i'll wake up and not be able to go back to sleep.

tibetan humming bowl tone while watching computer fractals.

That sounds really nice.?

@Emme That sounds like torture! Why not some throat-singing or, wait, I've got it - bagpipes!!!

@LIB75002 I like those too❣??

Mindfulness meditation

After many years of panic attacks, I have learned to always be relaxed with the odd diazepam too.

I take a nap

I go to sleep.

Meditation and short naps.

Sleep.

beach and coffee, either order, always read in bed, then I sleep.

The only thing that really works for me is football (I am not kidding) Is it September yet?..... Seriously, in my line of work, problems go with me when I go home, they pester me in my sleep (not all the time, of course), so when its football season and I am watching the game, for those four hours (give or take), my brain is completely disconnected from everything. Case in point, you have to find what is your "football" so your brain can take a break from time to time. Hope this helps.

Seroquel™

Maybe I'm a bit 'off,' but my body has to inform my brain when I'm tired. I can't seem to shut my brain down most of the time, often laying awake in bed for more than an hour 'thinking things through.' They say you shouldn't exercise in the evening, but I find that a good workout between the hours of 8 to 11 will enable me to get the five or six hours of sleep I require. I don't do yoga, but I hear that's a good discipline to quiet the brain ... either that or a couple of martinis! 😉

Masturbate, masturbate, masturbate.

When I am alert and thinking, this site is GREAT!

When my vrain is tired and muddling along, that is why there is Facebook.

Smoke weed. Every chance I get

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:48939
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.