Agnostic.com

1 2

So, I had REALLY Intended To Go Into Work... And Then....

I decided at noon to just quickly check my email. That's when I found some hacker somewhere had found or purchased one part of one of my frequently used (with many variations) passwords, and sent me a phishing email.

I had already changed a good number of passwords this month after someone, somehow, broke the code on my Hulu account and managed to follow it through 3 changes- but after the last one (which I defy anyone to break) there've been no mysterious logins there. And in retrospect I'm wondering if it wasn't my daughter signing out and back in on her laptop, since it showed her location as "Detroit" for some reason when I know it was her signing in the last time. But in this case I decided to change every damn password... and I thought there was a way for Firefox to perform this automatically. I was wrong. It has to be done by hand, site by site by site.... by site. By site. And even though I knew from word 1 that it was only a scam (for one thing, I have no camera on my computer, so the purported "footage" doesn't exist), I also knew it would haunt me unless I got it done, and make me worried and cranky about what else might be going on with my passwords if I wasn't doing something about them.

And thus I spent 8 hours on and off sorting out every last site I've ever been to, to the best of my ability. Not to mention swearing at Ebay, which changes your old password on the screen when you try to log in and enter a new one... causing it to mismatch and prevent you from being able to change anything. And since it's all disguised as asterisks, you can't figure it out until you've tried for 20 minutes. It's among the suckiest of site operations, but that goes for a lot of Ebay. Microsoft is just as bad, changing the password for Microsoft doesn't change the password for Microsoft One Drive.... and it apparently prevents the password from being stored in a password manager that's owned by any company Microsoft doesn't operate..... arrrrrgghhhh.

So, up until 12 noon, the week was going passably well.

Now I'd like to turn this in a different direction and try to regain our sense of humor before I go to a belated bed, with something we can all have a chuckle over. Also, I have to call the FBI tomorrow, and I'm sure that will be fun.

SINK

A GAME
by Ala Hera, E.L., N.S.; RAYVILLE APPLE PANTHERS

SINK is played by DISCORDIANS and people of much ilk.

PURPOSE: To sink object or an object or a thing... in water or mud or anything you; can sink something in.

RULES: Sinking is allowd in any manner. To date, ten pound chunks of mud were used to sink a tobacco can. It is preferable to have a pit of water or a hole to drop things in. But rivers - bays - gulfs - I dare say even oceans can be used.

TURNS are taken thusly: who somever gets the junk up and in the air first.

DUTY: It shall be the duty of all persons playing "SINK" to help find more objects to sink, once; one object is sunk.

UPON SINKING: The sinked shall yell "I sank it!" or something equally as thoughtful.

NAMING OF OBJECTS is some times desirable. The object is named by the finder of such object and whoever sinks it can say for instance, "I sunk Columbus, Ohio!"

Page 0066

Principia Discordia (or, How I Found Goddess and What I Did To Her When I Found Her)

Wherein Is Explained Absolutely Everything Worth Knowing About Absolutely Everything

The Magnum Opiate of Malaclypse the Younger

(by Greg Hill and Kerry Thornley)

[Incidentally, Kerry Thornley was questioned by District Attorney Jim Garrison because he was in the Marine Corps with Lee Harvey Oswald. He was also accused of, but not charged with, perjury because his account didn't jibe with Garrison's notion of Oswald being an Intelligence asset. Small world, eh?]

Paul4747 8 Apr 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Bad day! Hang in there you got it done. 🌈🦄👍

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:490417
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.