Agnostic.com

11 4

Oh my gosh This is funny as anything!!
The Mormon religion explained in cartoon.
I did know some of it but holy underwear???

OutlawJosie 6 Nov 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This speaks to the power of socialization and people'svemotional need for approval and validation. Smart people can choose, often subconsciously, to ignore their own doubts for the sake of affirmation and inclusion. We want love, and we want to be "special." Religion promises both. ...plus immortality! lol

Read "Under the Banner of Heaven" by Jon Krakauer. He researched and writes about the Mormon faith and how Joseph Smith created the religion. I remember reading the book and thinking, OMG this guy just made up a whole religion and a ridiculous one at that and now millions of people believe this BS. That thought helped me realize that all religions were probably made up in a similar fashion. One is a "plausible" as another. LOL

It does make me wonder how Americans can continue to believe when you have sooo many nutty offshoots of Christianity!! We just don't give them air time over here!!

Christianity, like many religions, has broken into sects or denominations because there were disagreements within the religious community as to how to interpret the bible so they broke away and founded their own denomination according to their interpretation. As a result, we have Protestants, Lutherans, Methodists, Baptists etc.

So where is "over here"?

Hahaha

Apparently there are almost 6 million Mormons practicing their religion (cult) in the USA. A great number of them are well educated and sophisicated North Americans. So how could these people believe and be active in a religion which is obviously utter drivel ? Go figure. At least the Mormons are a fascinating example of what is , in my opinion, mass religious 'sickness' and 'herd mentality' Although of course you would have to also consider the 'family factor' as well. It would be very difficult for someone born into such a cult to think for themselves and break free.

I find small rural communities the worst. They say we have free will, then say everything happens for a reason?? Or they are in a car accident, but they weren't killed, God is good. Why didn't God prevent the accident if He is all powerful & loving. Why did He allow the car accident if he controls all. This stuff makes me nuts.

Amazing what people will believe.

Betty Level 8 Nov 23, 2017

Ah, and let's not forget that the Garden of Eden is in Missouri, that the American Indians are directly descended from Israelites who migrated to the U.S., black people have dark skin because they didn't take sides when Jesus and Satan (brothers to one another) were fighting over how to oversee Earth, God literally had sex with Mary to conceive Jesus, Jesus visited North America after he resurrected… I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of stuff.

Wow !! It's worse than I thought lol

🙂) That was really funny! So, Ra, Zeus, Ahuro Mazda..exists!? How to hell I can worship so many gods? Oh...Yeah, their God is the best one..

That was good. But Trey Parker and Matt Stone did it better.

Yikes !!!

Under The Banner Of Heaven: A Story Of Violent Faith explains it well too.

I will check it out sometime Thanks

Hi Dust. Have you seen the documentary 'Prophet's Prey" ? Fascinating.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:4918
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.