Agnostic.com

20 5

What's on the other side people talk about?

Ok... there's no God. Are we going to the next level of existence when we die? Does that require believing in a God? Or... that's it. You became, you lived, and you die. It's nothing more then that?...

BucketlistBob 8 Apr 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I believe that we cease to exist. One interesting idea I have heard deals with the First Law of Thermodynamics which states that energy can be converted but cannot be destroyed, and thus some mental energy must exist after death. I'm more inclined to see us as a dead battery.

I came here already prewired and as a child I was given the clues and the skill and what I do? I fucked it up! So I will have to come back and try again, hopefully this life rather than a waste will be a teaching. By the time I was 6, I knew. I am not going to blame life, circumstances or environment. And because life is funny like that... my son at age 6 told me what he wanted to do when he grow up. He havent forgot about it 22 years later, he leaning toward it... with all my blessing because I know he knows! So maybe I had been in the other side already but not like me mind you. Like that somebody else I was before

Time to stop asking the question to those that never been on the other side... and then again... I am Not dying to find out.

Its just another dumb question to hear a roar out of someone. Nothing personal brother...

@BucketlistBob You got me and this dude abides!

Don't know, don't care, don't lose sleep over it or waste time thinking about it. Not important.

Hmmm... ok

I believe that we have life between life times in another dimension and the more spirtually evolved we are the more control we have in choosing our next life time here on earth...... and I want to be an amazing gorgeous female surfer.

And you shale be...

Fairy tales

I believe when we die that's it. Game over.

Ok...

There is no evidence for anything other than this life. If people want to live in hope that there is, thats fine. If you come across any evidence for anykind of afterlife, let me know

Nothing tangible... all hearsay. Those ghost shows have a lot of people getting a false hope.

@BucketlistBob The point is that there is no evidence, so therefore I except death will be like before we were born, just complete non existence. If somebody wanted to change my mind they would have show me their evidence

@RobH86 I totally agree with you.

I believe in another plane of existence but that doesn't require a god. However I cannot know for sure so I'll wait until death to find out then let y'all know

Sounds great...

We come from the earth and we will return to the earth. Who knows, we may become part of something else. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Apr 3, 2018

I hope its more then dirt...lol.

Unless you believe Einstein, that we are made of energy, that time and space arean illusion, that energy can't be created or destroyed, etc. In other words, we have always existed and will always exist in some energy form.

And what about all the scientific studies done with children 2-6 years old who remembered past lives in great detail, which were verified. Even I remembered a past life when I was born, as well as my sister.

Wow! Spooky... but wow!

Not that I know about dead is dead .

There is only Jim Morrison.

After death, there is nothing. Just like before birth there is nothing. Asserting anything else is absurd.

Ok...

Your life is a gift from the Universe - enjoy it - when you die its over.

gater Level 7 Apr 3, 2018

There is no other side.Wyhen it's over, it is over. Non-existence.

I hear you..

If you spread your ashes you could be a tree a weed grass where all the puppies play!

That's precious...

Nothing. Oblivion.

Hmm.. yep, that's probably true.

Do you remember before you were born ? It's exactly like that

Simon.... being in solitude... mindless... not understanding the darkness or anything else...? Hmmm.... why bother if that's all you got?

@BucketlistBob it's the bit in-between the birth and death that's is the special bit . It may not last long but it's worth so much . So why worry about the bit your not gonna experience worry about the bit you are

@BucketlistBob "why bother if that's all you got?" You seem to be asking like you have a choice.

@jlynn37 lol... it reminds me of the 2001 , A space odesty. Baby floating in space... choices... it's just a thought.

@SimonMorgan1 gasping for air... wouldn't it be nice to relive our greatest experiences?

@BucketlistBob of course it would be nice but it ain't gonna happen so enjoy them while you can and relive them and in your memories

I think we're all asking ourselves what's next. Trying not to think about it and living for today.

Ok

I don't question it, ever. I'm good with there being nothing else. Pondering it would just be a waste of the time I have now.

@KKGator I hear you KK.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:49185
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.