Agnostic.com

39 19

LINK Evangelical fundamentalists who openly defied social distancing guidelines are dying of COVID-19 | Salon.com

I guess the Darwin Awards will be given out individually though.

Read up on the
Darwin Awards if you don't know what they are. [en.wikipedia.org]

snytiger6 9 May 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

39 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As an agnostic I am shocked and saddened by some of these disgusting and hurtful remarks towards religious individuals .I am definitely not condoning the irresponsible actions of these religious people ,but not caring if someone contracts a deadly virus is both immoral and mean .I would never associate with these type of haters .

juli15 Level 7 May 10, 2020

When you openly defy common sense & incessant warnings, and put everyone who comes in contact with you at risk, you have forfeited any regard of mine! Good Riddance & Good-bye! To them and any phony holier-than-thou bleeding heart apologists that enable them!

@AnneWimseyYeah .coming from a bleeding heart liberal who is full of it .If they were Muslims you would be kissing their ass

@godlessguy I concur but let me correct your typo it’s SHIT !!

@godlessguy try looking up "non sequitor" you clueless fool

@godlessguy good one, ha .

@godlessguy I presume you mean " hypocrite"?
And "brunchliner" refers to guess a rich hippie male with piercings and a beard, according to Google.....wrong sex entirely for a beard, i am a female retired senior citizen who cannot stand for long periods any more....certainly not on a line for brunch????? If you are going to use Bigly words you should spell & use them correctly.....

These evil lunatics with their comments and replies on this post wanting brainwashed religious individuals to get the virus is reprehensible.These people could possibly be the mothers ,fathers or children of atheists, but these hateful members probably would not care anyway .I find it ironic that these lowlifes think they are better than the people they are degrading .And then these hypocrites are always stating religious people look unfavorable upon them .

I am not surprised by these comments.Typical here .Makes one question the morality of some nonbelievers.The sad fact is a good many of them on this site are consumed with extreme hate and animosity towards religious individuals .I assume this may indicate some sort of Psychological issues.

These individuals actions are incorrect but to the members who are insinuating that they are glad these people got infected shows you are indeed no better than they are .

For sure.

No, i am Much, much better, thankyuvurrymuch, because I ain't dead.

You mean the people who would have us executed for simply not believing as they do? Those people? Sorry, can't agree.

While I'll say I don't wish the virus on anybody , it pisses me off that if these folks get sick, they'll take up medical care, and bed space that then may not be available to someone who did their best to be mindful of their actions !

@evergreen I agree with you on every thing you stated .Its about the reprehensible comments of the members not the irresponsible actions of these religious individuals .

An appropriate post to enable atheists to vent their hatred and contempt for religious people and also appropriate comments to show an example why some religious people hate THEM! .

Hilarious but true .LOL

@Emanuele This about sums it up

liberals in New York Criticized mayor Deblasio (who took a lot of heat )for the dispersal of a large crowd of Hasidic Jews when they defied social distancing at a huge gathering recently.

fedup Level 6 May 11, 2020

I wonder why, maybe they prefer Hasidic Jews over Evangelical Fundamentalists. LOL

"All of liberal NY"....wanna back that up with any Facts?

Not only are they endangering all of us by spreading infections like buckshot, those who die will be heralded as martyrs for their stupid stubbornness, at least in evangelical circles. Those who get sick and recover, as many certainly will, will be living "proof" of God's miraculous grace. Closed logical system, immune to logic, praise the Lawd!!

I would ask for proof of these claims. Just like with anything else.

The article pontificates that, "reports that the pandemic has claimed the lives of more than 30 pastors"

And also states, "Dozens of pastors across the Bible Belt have succumbed to coronavirus"

After boasting, "many Christian fundamentalists and evangelicals have been irresponsibly downplaying the dangers of COVID-19"

But then the article only names one elderly pastor who died and another who did not die, but who was arrested. From the articles I have perused, I saw only deaths of 70- or 80-something year old pastors from black churches. These guys surely had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. I grew up in several of these churches, where fish frys and unhealthy eating and even drinking are commomplace.

This is definitely some of the worst, narrative faking, cherry-picking of news I have ever seen. The echo chamber is strong within this group.

I will simply leave you all with wise words from Master Yoda. "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering!"

Cheers.

SCal Level 7 May 5, 2020

I have seen articles about at least 3 religious leaders who defied Covid-19 guidelines who later ended up dying from it.

So, you are saying just show up for church?

Any time some of these members have an opportunity to wish death upon a religious individual they relish the moment, as these replies and comments prove .

@richiegtt Since joining this site I have come to the realization that atheists can be as hateful full of bile, and close minded as the religious people that they themselves look down upon.,proving they are hypocrites .

Why isn't anybody bitching about all the people who died in automobile accidents? Why isn't anybody complaining about how stupid people kill each other on the road and vaster numbers than this virus ever did through sheer stupidity every day and have for how many years now? I'm glad you guys have something to complain and feel Superior about.

Because MVAs aren't contagious. Also MVA fatalities were less than 40K in 2018.

Apparently God doesn't protect those who show abject stupidity.

God also doesnt protect smart people, talented people, children....

@MarkiusMahamius Of course. I was being facetious.

To misquote a well known saying "The wages of stupidity is death.".

@anglophone A misquote, perhaps, but absolutely accurate.

Good

Maybe we can send them Chlorox chewables...

I'm always sad when I see reports like this - it's not that I mind there being any kind of "karma" (which I don't believe in, anyway), but that there are SO many children who are dragged to these events; they don't have a say in it & they will still be victims. 😟

For the most part children do better with covid-19. It is unfortunate that some people are endangering themselves and other loved ones with their own behavior. As politicians respond to (and lead) them, and there are likely over a million people infected and asymptomatic, this virus is being fed human beings right now- these fools are marching like lambs to a slaughter.

Their god will protect them as much as has always happened.

All the pastors who defied social distancing orders should be jailed for endangering the public health, and bio-terrorism.
Their religious rights don't apply to a fucking global pandemic.

And........
Supermarkets are out of bleach. I'm eagerly awaiting our next evolution 🙂 🙂

Pool chemicals! Go get some! Liquid or powder...beware of the power of the powder!

But the mainstream media doesn't report this anywhere, why?

1. Because the MSM is part of the Religious Machinery or
  2. It's just not true

@twill we know, the question was rethorical.

They dont' want to be accused of "attacking religion".

I feel for their children and those they infect, for the front line workers who now have even more cases to deal with. I worry that with such massive infections in the US that this virus will start to mutate and we will end up with Covide - 20 and that it will be worse.

God's plan! Praise Jesus!

Darwin for sure

bobwjr Level 10 May 10, 2020

Evolution - it works.

OH so very well stated, " It works Bitches."

And the down side is . . . . .?

Ya mean, as one woman I heard interviewed as she was leaving a crowded service said : " I'm bathed in the blood of geezuz, and it will save me ! "

Guess not ...

I only have a problem with this when they show up at my hospital wanting treatment or infect innocent children.

@Happycanuck aaaand ywsterday they cut my pay. So there's that.

It’s an oh well moment,for me. I don’t really care, do you?

The claims need proof, but we knew they were stupid. Their book says believers can drink poison and take up serpents and there are still a few wanting to prove this by handling rattlesnakes. If they get bit and die their faith was not strong enough or they had "secret sin" in their lives.

Oh, no could not have happened to a nicer, honorable, decent people.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:492412
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.