Agnostic.com

8 6

LINK Clinical Study Considers The Power Of Prayer To Combat COVID-19 : Coronavirus Live Updates : NPR

Jaw hits floor. OMG, what kind of controls are they going to use? How can you prove I was praying for someone for how long? I hope they aren't wasting taxpayer dollars. JFC, the stupid is strong in this one.

HippieChick58 9 May 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I heard this yesterday I did a major face palm.

Ohub Level 7 May 5, 2020

I suppose this study explains why you don’t see faith healers in hospital wards except as patients.

Ah FFS...

There have been tons of studies on " the power of prayer", some of them quite well done. (Double-blind & other recognized methods) None of them has showed ANY results above chance.

Delusional fuckwits

It sounds very interesting. I wonder if we will hear the results of the study. If it works, in my opinion it won’t be because of supernatural forces, just unknown reasons that are not understood.

@OwlInASack It would seem very difficult to conduct a meaningful study. A standardized prayer is not a real prayer. Instead of fake prayers you would need to have intense and caring thoughts and sympathy, which is hard to measure.

@OwlInASack I expect that these long-winded prayers given in public are nothing but exercises in ego. I personally do not rule out communion with universal consciousness through meditation and contemplation, but I don’t call that prayer.

Pleading to be saved from death is not worthy of a courageous person. We already know we’re all going to die. Feeling reverence and gratitude for each moment of awareness is different than praying, beseeching, begging, imploring or pleading.

On the other hand, some people around here were praying for Auburn to beat Alabama in the iron bowl, which they did. There’s your proof right there. 🙂

shaking my damn head

I can't, I just can't read this..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:492543
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.