Agnostic.com

68 12

What's a phrase you vehemently despise?

Mine's the phrase "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"
I'm not a cow, sex is not a commodity, and if I marry someone--I don't owe them sex (or vice versa for that matter).

Mea 7 Apr 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

68 comments (51 - 68)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"you know"

and the people that say that may say it dozens or even hundreds of times in just one conversation. And I keep thinking to myself, "I actually don't know."

@realneal54 You know, hearing 'you know" over and over is, you know boring.

Let’s do this.
“Woke” and the various forms of its usage.

I still like this one... 😉

Anything that "blows you away." I keep wondering where you're supposed to wind up when you wind up in the middle of away. 😛

Liberty Mutual

gater Level 7 Apr 3, 2018

I furiously oppose the terrible adverb: vehemently.

Lol!

Not a phrase, a new word - "woke".. Can't stand it..

Argh, I hate that one, too.

Well, you don't look at the mantlepiece when you're stoking the fire.

Business as usual.

Monad Level 4 Apr 3, 2018

Whatever! Not a phrase, but it irritates the shit out of me. Also, " You know what I'm saying?". No l don't know what you are saying becuase I'm stupid!

Knew an idiot who used that . It wasn't that he had anything intelligent to say , he just wanted to get in thee last word . Last I heard , his wife left him .

@Cast1es lol

One? hard to say, but among the contenders: "it's god's will" and "it's in god's hands now." in some circumstances, i dislike "it takes time" because it is used to explain why something isn't happening. in most cases, "it takes WORK" is more appropriate. in japan, i taught a woman's group and when i brought up women's rights they'd tell me "it takes time." i'd respond, "then you'd better start NOW!"

g

"I'm just sayin' "
Someone obviously has a point to make, but when anyone wants to ask a question, they toss out the 'i was making a statement, it doesnt mean i want to answer questions or even talk about it' move. Usually used by someone wanting to rant about something but not actually looking for solutions to fix it.

"Real quick"
Its NEVER quick, and seldom real.
Salesman, bosses, etc use it as a way to start a convo thays going to take 10 minutes.

Angus Level 5 June 19, 2018

I have a host of verbal annoyances He's an Asshole. Dude. I love you. Call Me. Don't Preach to Me. I don't want to discuss this. She has a nice Ass. Wow, Far Out. It was so Groovy. Let me be perfectly clear. You never told me you didn't like that. I'm sorry. I'll let these resound for others to chime in and I will add a few more as my mind activates.

Open up your wallet.

watsup buddy

Anything said just to piss the other person off especially out of the blue. God bless you to an atheist or invisible friend to a Christian. On the other hand sometimes tit for tat gets fun seeing who it more creative.

gearl Level 8 Apr 3, 2018

"I mean" especially at the start of a sentence. Can we not just assume that you mean what you say?

"Truthfully" or "The truth is." If you are telling the truth, why do you have to say so?

try "actually"

History repeats itself
"...so..." to begin a sentence
"Absolutely" to reply to a statement or question

History repeats itself
"...so..." to begin a sentence
"Absolutely" to reply to a statement or question

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:49279
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.