Agnostic.com

10 2

I know I live in a liberal bubble, and I suspect a lot of us here do. I'm not sure how to set up anything beyond this simple type of poll but it might prove interesting:

Dividing people you know into broad categories - let's say Decent (concerned citizens, doing their best right now, conscious of their privileges and responsibilities,using science when able), Oblivious (for the law-abiding middle of the roaders), and Don't Cares (conspiracy theorists, anti-quarantine, anti-mask, happy to endanger others, convinced they are suffering or losing 'rights'😉 - how many of each do you know?

Your 'rights', or human rights?

• 2 votes
  • 9 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 0 votes
Allamanda 8 May 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being on facebook ive cone across people who would lean onnthe 33%

I know mainly the "decent" and "oblivious" but live amongst a ton of don't cares.

Some of the decent ones are conservative and some of the oblivious are liberal.

1of5 Level 8 May 6, 2020

My answer aligns a lot with what @bingst said, but previously I would have said 40-40-20. This year has made me downgrade a number of people, so there are now more Don't Cares than I would have thought.

People in my neighborhood disappoint me. Most do not wear masks and gloves outside. Many congregate together in the park next door in numbers, though it is hard to be sure who might actually live together.

My stepson, 43, is able to work from home but is good on a sewing machine and has been producing masks. But the last time I talked to him he was talking like everyone will get it eventually and life must go on. I had to tell him we were not willing to treat it that way. With the drugs his mother takes making her even less likely to survive infection, I'm treating it as an avoid at all cost proposition.

Most of the people I know that are my age are being very sensible about it.

I'm almost your age. I am cautious, but I don't wear a mask or gloves when I go outside. The grocery store is the only place that 'requires' one and that's just to make people feel better/safer. I avoid people. People are what spread the virus.

My theory is 10% of people are good no matter what, 10% are bad, and the rest will go whatever way the wind blows.

I don't generally like polls, because my option is never available. I know mostly 'oblivious' people, but they probably make up 80% of the population. I know a few 'decent' people and probably a handful of 'don't cares'. It depends on the time of day, but I can squeeze into any of these boxes.

I know decent and don’t cares equally, but 50/50 was not an option. I honestly know no oblivious people. Everyone seems pretty polarized between the two extremes. (Shocking, I know).

Zster Level 8 May 6, 2020

Know a few but ignore or educate them

Curiously enough, most of the folks I know locally are Christian and right-leaning if not outright Republican, and... most actually fit into the Decent or Oblivious categories.

I know a wide variety of types of people. I'm trying to give the I don't cares a wide berth right now.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:492897
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.