Agnostic.com

6 1

[timesunion.com]

For NY State -Capital Region -WellNow, an urgent care center brings publicly advertised antibody and Covid-19 testing to 4 locations, one in Clifton Park where I live. Should be covered by Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance. How many other states are doing this? I am thinking of getting antibody testing. I was sick with symptoms back in March. What would you do No apt necessary-drive through testing in your car. 3-5 days to get results.

sassygirl3869 9 May 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Even if all you are doing is contributing to data-collection for the epidemiologists, to enhance their understanding of the disease outside of acute illness, its worth it. A really back handed way to get public health funding to the forefront like it should be.

Antibodies are no guarantee against contracting it again.

No but being high risk -I have a new immune system from a bone marrow transplant. If I had antibodies and did not get really sick I will feel better about my immune system and would consider going back to work as an essential employee as a sales rep to stores.

I would do it if I thought I had had the virus. It may not give you immunity from some of the mutations but it might help them discover an effective treatment or vaccine if you have antibodies.

Just remember that at this point the tests may not be viable. False positives and false negatives will be rampant until it is found if the tests work as advertised.

right.

Absolutely it is all wishful thinking at this stage, nothing has been proven!!!

Go for it! I think a lot of people had it before it was fully understood and with only mild symptoms. Since, thanks to the Orange Buffoon, there was not testing to speak of, the antibody test is the only way you will know for sure. But they have yet to decide for sure if having had it makes you less prone to getting it again, so stay safe.

We are doing that

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:493208
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.