Agnostic.com

5 0

Is it just me and has Agnostic become a colossal bore? I think it's run its course. Y'know what might be interesting. How can we get Muslims or Jews or Buddhists to join and we can knock their religion for a change. It appears that the only people who become Atheists are X Christians. I guess they are all happy with theirs. What happened to ours? Any Zoroastrians out there?

fishline79 7 May 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Obviously the site is going to run its course if there is a predefined set of topics, like religion-especially xtianity- bashing, or Trump bashing. I agree that's already happened, the question I have is, why we would just want to move on to more of the same but different? I always hoped this site would move away from people who complain about religion, and move towards people who just want to have discussions about relevant things, with like minded people. I hope the site changes its course from yet another round of identity politics. @CommunityTom

Ummmm, the site has no list of topics, you can post whatever you want....so if you are complaining about the topics, that is a YOU problem, duuhhhhhhhhh

@AnneWimsey the mods actively censor (delete) posts that they don't think fits the narrative. It does happen. How often they delete, and what they focus on, ebbs and surges. Its been that way since the site started.

I learn something new on here practically every time I show up. I also hear stories, see interesting pictures, interact with intelligent people,and yes, enjoy slamming trolls & fools.
You appear to think it is "cool" to be full of ennui, "above it all"........oh, wait, a Slam opportunity!!!!!!

Ouch!

@fishline79 May I suggest you try those video games where there is conflict around every corner and excitement all along the storyline. You can play with people of your own ilk and form teams. All good fun, according to the people who play these games.

@Spinliesel That is probably the last thing you would find me doing. I think you miss-interpret my sarcasm. Maybe I'm just tired of being house-bound!

@fishline79 Oh, that was sarcasm? So was my post. Is English your second language as well?

First language is English. Maar ich spreak een betje Nederlands, if that is yours!I used to live in Am*Dam.

Sorry, I am far too occupied to be bored, but I'll admit I'd rather be out communing with nature!

I like it. Definitely not a stand alone social media, but nice to stop in. I do wish The action hadn't scuttled away to the groups but that's just me. I think we would see alot more diversity and robust conversation if there was more participation in the general areas again.

I'm here for people with similar experiences so the atheist in a xtian culture theme suits me well.

MsAl Level 8 May 8, 2020

Maybe that is the problem. Everything is polarized into individual niches of interest so you tend to miss something outside of the group you are currently monitoring. I guess I just have to be a bit more actively browsing. I'm not sure what I expected anyway! I suppose it is the general trend in every society that we all think we have something to say but rarely take the time to listen to the reply.

@fishline79 definitely one of the problems with groups, vs the general forums

Its US centric, bound to be former christian centric too. But I am not too fazed by that, to me it a different exotic culture, with strange quirky habits, even if the politics does get a bit boring after a while. LOL

The biblical text explains that their will be "the falling away" first then the man of sin revealed.

Maybe once Chirstians understand the biblical text that Jesus is Angelic lord of host lucifer the devil then they will stop being Christians.

Then atheist could be like: all them christians are gone we can now enjoy brick homes for everyone on Earth built by true masons free from masonic lodge secret religion racist devil worshiper governmental terrorist, taxation and religious oppression. Then it could be like " FREE COLLEGE FOR EVERYONE !!!"

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3 New King James Version (NKJV)
The Great Apostasy
2 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of [a]Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of [b]sin is revealed, the son of perdition,

Word Level 8 May 8, 2020

Excuse me but, are you "speaking in tongues"? And, by the way, did you ever hear of punctuation, and syntax? And by syntax I don't mean a surcharge on tobacco!

@fishline79 If you are unable to comprehend my typing then you may want to check yourself for a comprehension problem. I find that even stupid people can understand things of broken english, ebonics, and texbonics. If you can not understand to some level these, less than perfect and proper, England Englishes then I would have to guess your intelligence capability isn't very high. Otherwise, I have heard of punctuation and syntax and have used those in college English classes. This is not submitted for a college english class essay.

@Word However, English classes are designed to facilitate communication, and if you have not learned to communicate your thoughts to others so that they can understand your meaning, then don't fault them for their lack of cognition. Apparently writing is some sort of a game with you and , like Donald Trump, you talk gibberish and then blame the audience for not understanding you or misinterpreting what you say. You are projecting your inadequacies on them! (England Englishes??)

@fishline79 I don't know much about Donald Trump and his speaches.

Intellectual people interested in an intellegent conversation would ask clarification rather that try to be grammer police and attack someone committing the sin of ad hominem fallacy.

Otherwise, if you must know I have lazy eye, a genetic disorder in my eye that causes blurry vision when reading. Then I often type on my cell phone keyboard with fat fingers and don't worry about minor typos in this communication platform. If this were for a college graded essay I might would not worry with being in a hurry and would be more inclined to revise. Not that it really matters for you to know, but I did maintain 4.0 in all my college classes which included such but not limited to: English composition, American literature and Police report writing.

If you wish to discuss the topic please feel free to do so. If you are only interested in your illogical attacks of ad hominem fallacy then I am not much longer interested in being entertained in such a mannor. Good day.

@Word At least you have a better excuse than Donald!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:493654
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.