Agnostic.com

6 1

Hi I am new to this forum and would love to share issues as Freethinker

Helios 4 May 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Okay got it

WELCOME! Kathmandu is one of my favorite places to visit. Great history, great culture, great food, great views...how are things there now, with the virus?

My advice would be to check every group, find a few which interest you and then...jump in and start posting! Your perspective should be interesting to most of the ''western'' members!

Glad, you know about Kathmandu, we have some 35 covid case in Kathmandu. Well my interst would be in Secular, Atheism, World Politics, History.

@Helios Thinking about how closely houses in Kathmandu are built...I'm worried about far more than just ''single-digits." What's happening in crowded Durbar Square? Such an interesting place!

If you browse through the ''Groups" list at the top of the page, you'll find more than a few which should appeal to you. Good luck!

@LucyLoohoo
Yeah of couses closely built houses are in olden part of cities near by durbar square. People are staying at home to avoid covid

@Helios I woke up thinking about you this morning--what's it like, being an atheist/agnostic in a country where religion is seemingly everywhere? Shrines all over the place, little temples, stupas, prayer flags, etc...it's very interesting for a visitor but, if I lived there, I might not feel as if I ''fit in'' very well. (There was a lovely little shrine to Lord Ganesh in Durbar square and I spent about an hour one morning, watching children stop by on their way to school. Do parents put pressure on their children to do that? Or is it just habit?) Is your family religious?

Kathmandu? I spent time at the Kopan monastery near there.

Namaste, nice to know that you practiced multiple religions and now a nondualist. Hope yoy have had pleasant time in Kathmandu.

@Helios I really enjoyed it and the people. I think experiencing other cultures helps us understand ourselves better. namaste

Hello and welcome, enjoy the site. And if you have time, do check out the groups, there is something for everyone.

Thanks, I will definitely enjoy the site.

Welcome.

Thanks

Greetings.

Thanks

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:496079
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.