Agnostic.com

3 4

'No Excuse for This': House Dems Unveil 1,815-Page Bill That Would Bail Out Corporate Lobbyists But Omits Key People-First Priorities

"Democratic leadership has had plenty of input from progressive thinkers over the past couple of months. They just care more about the input from corporate lobbyists."

"House Democrats on Tuesday unveiled a sprawling 1,815-page, $3 trillion coronavirus relief package that spurns many of the key demands of progressive activists and lawmakers while including proposals that immediately provoked backlash, such as a tax cut for the wealthy and a provision that would allow corporate lobbying organizations to take part in federal small business loan program."

[commondreams.org]

If you read A People's History of the United States, by Howard Zinn, it is extremely evident that the Republican and Democratic Parties are two sides of the same coin of greed.

nogod4me 8 May 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I read Zinn's book some years ago, and understand your point. THAT is why so many people, I believe, were so sick and tired of politics as usual that they flocked to the scammer-in-chief!
If you read the Atlantic article I posted recently, you will clearly see that we need to not go back to "business as usual," in many ways.

And how can we now go back to "business as usual," when so many are woke, Sanders has proven that.

@nogod4me I hope that we can't, but expect that the "powers that be" will push us that way. For me, not doing "business as usual" is what the entire counter-culture movement of the '60's was all about. It's in the name "Counter-culture."

Yup vote blue no matter who, cause the Dems just pay lip service to we the people..Biden/ Drump are like bedbugs they suck the life out of you ..

Well, duh. I've only known this for about 30 years.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:496198
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.