Agnostic.com

22 4

So, are you the vehicle or are you the light?

Razorjelly 7 Apr 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

more likely I'm the shadow....lol.

shadows are like dachshunds......I forget why.

something about how you can only see them when the lights are on?, or was it that they stay so close.

I've been thinking about that Kant business. I decided that looking too hard at the source can lead to blindness. the dachshunds know this.

@hankster be careful when staring into dachshunds, sometimes they stare back. I think that was Nietzsche.

hmmmm......I thought it was Springsteen who said that @Razorjelly, or am i thinking about Heidegger's schnauzer...

I think quite a bit more explanation may be needed here.

Kant's Critique of pure reason, Part 1
Tranendental Asthetic. Separateness is created by time and space.
Separateness is secondary. Unity is the prime condition. Separateness is a function of the experience within time and space. Identifying as the vehicle puts emphasis on the individual realm. (THE BULB)
Identiying as the light puts emphasis on the general realm. When a bulb breaks the super doesn't say damn, I was particularly fond of that bulb. It was the special one. He just pops a new bulb in. Its the light that is important. You are the light. Your body is just a vehicle.
You are the vehicle of the will, the thing in itself, consciousness.

I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls.
I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings
the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards
the realms of men.

• from Game of Thrones
gater Level 7 Apr 4, 2018

If you love Trump, I have zero respect for your judgment!

@wordywalt If you feel that way I have no respect for yours

I do not understand the question. Sorry, English is my third language.

Has to do with self identification. Do you identify youself as the vehicle (the bulb) or as the light?
Is your brain the vehicle of consciousness or are you the consciousness?

I am the light. What you seek is a flame. 😉

Probably the light -focused on results showing the lights.

Isn't this question a false ultimatum, or maybe also a loaded question?

More a question of how you identify yourself. In the west it is common to identify oneself as the individual, seperate. In the east the emphasis tends to be on the whole or general realm. So, are you the individual bulb (the vehicle) or are you the light in general??

@Razorjelly

I tell myself to see it both ways, because of unexpected occurrences.

Kant's Critique of pure reason. Part 1 Transendental asthetic. Time and space create separateness. Separateness is secondary. Unity is the prime condition. Seperateness is a funtion of the experience within time and space.

@Razorjelly

I don't know if I ever read that, or something. Philosophy is not really my field, I most strongly orbit mathematics and I bake side projects while trying to find a job that will treat me well.

@Razorjelly Your explanation makes little more sense than the question you posed. What is it that you are really getting at and why?

@wordywalt
Those who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.....Come dancing my friend.

I am the vehicle light, follow my beam. I cannot protect you, but perhaps I can light your way.

I am the gatekeeper. Looking for the keymaster.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 4, 2018

Do you accept keys far over the industrially regulated size?

lol

The size of the key doesn't matter. It's whether or not it's capable of unlocking the gate to paradise.

@Deb57 funny how "gates" to paradise only appear in christian lore. There are no gates to keep folks out in other mythologies.

I'm just a small town girl, living in a lonely world.

I am fire

I am death

I'm batman

I am sleep deprived lol

@LadyAlyxandrea
Was it the salmon??

Neither...I am the Talon.

I am the bastard at the end of the tunnel with a candle, (and an axe)

I'm in the dark on this one.

In another more clear metaphor, sometimes I'm the bug, sometimes I'm the windshield.

I have no idea.

I've heard this as sometimes you're the light bulb and sometimes you're the light. So my answer is both and/or neither... I feel that I'm the reflection, in most cases.

Separateness (the bulb) is secondary. Unity is the prime condition. Separateness is a functoon of the experience within time and space.

I've come to think there is no light, but the mind fancies the idea of having one.

I'm the clueless bystander because I've no idea what this metaphor means.

If you look up at the ceiling you can say The lights (plural) are on, or you can say the light is on. 2 ways of saying the same thing. The LIGHTS are on accents the individual bulb. The LIGHT is on accents the general light. When a bulb burns out the super does not come in and say oh snap, I was particularly fond of that bulb. It was the special one. He just pops in a new bulb. It's the light that is important. Not the vehicle. What is your head the vehicle of? Consciousness. So, do you identify yourself with the vehicle or with the consciousness?

I make the vehicle.

Yes you do!

I'd like to think I'm the light, but I'm kinda bitch so, I'm probably the vehicle..an older model with rust & a few dings but still has some miles left.?

Emme Level 7 Apr 4, 2018

If you look up at the ceiling you can say The lights (plural) are on, or you can say the light is on. 2 ways of saying the same thing. The LIGHTS are on accents the individual bulb. The LIGHT is on accents the general light. When a bulb burns out the super does not come in and say oh snap, I was particularly fond of that bulb. It was the special one. He just pops in a new bulb. It's the light that is important. Not the vehicle. What is your head the vehicle of? Consciousness. So, do you identify yourself with the vehicle or with the consciousness?

@Razorjelly idk. Right now I'm in a rough space. I have to clear it before I can dig deeper for the answer to that.

@Emme
The answer becomes crystal clear to all of us in the end. Sorry you're in a rough patch. Nietzsche says embrace the bad in your life. Affirm it and use it's energy to lead you out. You'll be stronger on the other side of whatever has you down.

@Razorjelly thanks. I'm just a bit foggy & unsteady. I'll just keep becoming a better version of me.

I am the highway.

Gohan Level 7 Apr 4, 2018

^^Winner! End of thread. Nicely done!

I thought ♪life is a highway ♬

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:49710
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.